Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Booty Shorts"

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:53 PM
  • 25 Replies

I work at a high school and there have been quite a few girls wearing "booty shorts" to school! They're not allowed to, but of course they do anyway...the administration feels that they can't really do anything about it, because there are so many of them and they don't wanna send them all home...or take the time out for them to change into their p.e. shorts!! This really gets to me...

Do you allow your daughters to wear these kind of shorts...or would you allow them to?!

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:43 PM

If I had a daughter no I would not. Especially to school!

ack86
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:46 PM
If I had a daughter, I wouldn't let her wear them or even own a pair of them. Some young girls wear horrible things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleehoward
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:46 PM

I wouldn't allow it and I didn't do it. I would call the parents. Put them in detention. Anything to get them to quit. Especially if it is against policy. And their parents should know this

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Don't have a daughter, but no way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1979mommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Nope, shorts and skirts have to be the length of your fingertips with your arms at your sides. They WILL send the kids home (they don't have PE shorts to change into) no matter how many there are.

baby2zacharias
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:48 PM
nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harpsichord
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM

no, but i wore all kinds of stuff my mom didn't allow, I changed once I got to school.

T-Rentsmommy06

I would not. Our school had the finger tip rule, which only worked for girls with narrow shoulders. So then they switched it to three inches above the knee. I never wore anything I wasn't supposed too. (Except one day I got in trouble for my shirt, it wasn't so exposing when I wore it that morning, but I was breast feeding and needless to say, by the end of the day I was a bit engorged. I did not end up in trouble or anything.)

mistie900
I might let her where them. Not to school because I wouldn't want her in trouble for not following dress code but other than that I might.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timon95
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:51 PM

i would never allow that. the school needs to do something. i agree with pp, they need to put the girls in detention, call the parents to bring aa change of clothes or have a change of hideous clothes on stand by for them. they get embarrassed  enough and they'll stop or if the parents have to keep bringing clothes they will hopefully start paying attention to what their kids are wearing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)