Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
So I'm 20 weeks pregnant and just noticed today my fingers are swollen. I was able to get my engagement ring off but not my wedding band. Now my finger is even more swollen from trying to get it off. I tried oils, dish soap and ice.

Any tips?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
T-Rentsmommy06
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Cut down on any salt in take, but to get the ring off, I would soak your hand in cold water. It is most likely the heat the is making you swell. I know you said you tried ice, but I would freeze your hand. :) And talk to your dr about the swelling quickly. I live in NC and 28 weeks preggo and I am still able to get my rings off just fine and I have super small fingers (and a little swollen). But it doesn't seem like you should be to that point just yet.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Lay of the salt and try and keep hydrated to see if they swellin goes down enough if not u will need to get it cut off.

PookaboosMom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Yeah, I think it's the heat, I was soaking my hand in I've water but then I read that it makes the metal of your ring contact as well. Thanks! This is crazy I never swelled up with my first !

Quoting T-Rentsmommy06:

Cut down on any salt in take, but to get the ring off, I would soak your hand in cold water. It is most likely the heat the is making you swell. I know you said you tried ice, but I would freeze your hand. :) And talk to your dr about the swelling quickly. I live in NC and 28 weeks preggo and I am still able to get my rings off just fine and I have super small fingers (and a little swollen). But it doesn't seem like you should be to that point just yet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Try first thing in the morning. You are less bloated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)