Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I was married before and... poll,,,

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I tell my sons I was married before?

Options:

Yes, you should not keep it from them.

No, it isn't important.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

the marriage ended about 13 years ago, it was sad, but we both realized we were no longer the right people for each other.  I remarried and had two beautiful boys now 8 and 11.  I have not told them I was married before.  I don't have any contact with my ex, and we had no children.  My best friend cannot believe I haven't told my children about my first marriage.  Do you think I should? and why or why not? 

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
revanjohn
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Maybe when they are older. I don't really see the need to tell them since there are no kids from that marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilyrose73
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:10 PM
I agree.

Quoting revanjohn:

Maybe when they are older. I don't really see the need to tell them since there are no kids from that marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaSiete
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Yeah I wouldn't bother right now, it's not THAT big of a deal and your children are still fairly young, probably young enough to not care.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:11 PM

I don't see why you need to keep it from them but i understand why they don't know at this age.

Nkrs
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:19 PM

I will probably tell them when they are older, right now they are happy to know that their dad is my one and only love. 

Quoting revanjohn:

Nkrs
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I think they would be kind of upset about it.....  I think I will keep quiet about it for now.

Quoting MommaSiete:

Yeah I wouldn't bother right now, it's not THAT big of a deal and your children are still fairly young, probably young enough to not care.

Nkrs
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:25 PM

BUMP!

Nkrs
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Just a few more votes please....voting is kind of close!

Kodysmommy928
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:33 PM

I was married before I had my kids with my husband and I plan on telling the kids one day.  No reason to keep it a secret.

Nkrs
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:35 PM

but how old are they now, and when do you plan on telling them?

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

I was married before I had my kids with my husband and I plan on telling the kids one day.  No reason to keep it a secret.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)