Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sprained Ankle?? HELP!!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:48 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: My DF rolled his ankle at work...should he go to the ER to have it checked out?

Options:

Yes, you never know with that type of injury

No, stop being a pussy and ice it!

Other (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

Ok so my DF rolled his ankle and it is swollen and bruised and it hurts him like a bitch...should he go to the ER and have them check it out? I told him he needs to but he thinks it is okay, what do you all think?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xMs.Shannax
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM

BUMP!!

kjsmama0206
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:51 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Have you tried ice? Usually icing it for 20 minutes every hour is good for the first day, which is what the dr would probably tell you if you do send him to the er. Also, try an ace bandage.

xMs.Shannax
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Well he did it yesterday and it is worse today than yesterday and I told him that he NEEDS to go but he won't listen to me so I am hoping after showing him this he will be like okay! lol

Quoting AHmom103:

Have you tried ice? Usually icing it for 20 minutes every hour is good for the first day, which is what the dr would probably tell you if you do send him to the er. Also, try an ace bandage.

xMs.Shannax
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:56 PM

BUMP!

LizzieAnnesMom

He needs to go to the doctor.

Jessiejack
I was going to say to wait till morning and go right to his doctor as it might take even longer to go to the ER. But if it has already been a day and it is still swollen and bruised I would go. If there is a small fracture and he walks on it it could make it worse and he could end up with surgery. Good luck hope he feels better soon.
Crysrey1
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:59 PM
It will get worse before it gets better. Elevate and ice it! Also ibuprofen will help with the swelling and pain. The ER won't do anything other then charge you an arm and a leg to tell you the same thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xMs.Shannax
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:59 PM

I keep telling his ass that but you know men and they are always okay...they never admit when they need help! UGH! He even went to work today, I could have killed him!

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

He needs to go to the doctor.

kjsmama0206
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 9:42 PM
How is d's ankle?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)