Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else on birth control, does this happen to you?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:05 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm on nuvaring currently and it has helped my periods sooo much. I was getting one every 17 days, and after 2 months I decided to stick with it BC I now have them monthly.

Well last week, dh took it out before sex. Lol he said it bugs him. Anyway. He forgot to remind me and it sat out for like 6 hours. So I had to toss it. It happened to be my last before I could get a refill. Thankfully I had pills left over so I started taking them. I only had the nuvaring in from the 29th of last month to the 7th of this month. The last day of my last mc was the 28th.

I started today! Ugh!

So if you miss your BC or something similar happens, do you get your period right away? I'm kind of annoyed with myself, I should have remembered to put it back it. (It can be out and not refrigerated for up to 3 hours.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momwith2monkeys
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:09 AM

well yea it can happen you are using 2 different kinds of bc and it is messing with your body. when you remove the ring it set you body up to have a period that is why you go a week without it to have a period.

momwith2monkeys
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM

be thankful you are not on your period for 3 weeks uggg i got the implant in my arm a little over a month ago and it really messed my body. up i finally stop bleeding this past Sunday but i still have a little spotting here and there.

pink.princess87
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:13 AM
Eww that sucks!!!

Mine usually last for 7-9 days. Before BC I was getting like a 12 day break, if that. Lol.

Quoting momwith2monkeys:

be thankful you are not on your period for 3 weeks uggg i got the implant in my arm a little over a month ago and it really messed my body. up i finally stop bleeding this past Sunday but i still have a little spotting here and there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pink.princess87
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM
Yeah... I called my doctor and she said it would be fine to use the pill as back up since I couldn't get my refill right away. I guess that was just to have BC in my system, not put off my period. Lol

Quoting momwith2monkeys:

well yea it can happen you are using 2 different kinds of bc and it is messing with your body. when you remove the ring it set you body up to have a period that is why you go a week without it to have a period.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momwith2monkeys
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM

how old are the pills, they may outdated and not working. i would use backup bc since you did start your period

Quoting pink.princess87:

Yeah... I called my doctor and she said it would be fine to use the pill as back up since I couldn't get my refill right away. I guess that was just to have BC in my system, not put off my period. Lol

Quoting momwith2monkeys:

pink.princess87
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM
She prescribed them 5 months ago, but when I got a prescription filled for something else 3 weeks ago, they gave me the refill on the pills as well. So I don't think they are expired.

Quoting momwith2monkeys:

how old are the pills, they may outdated and not working. i would use backup bc since you did start your period

Quoting pink.princess87:

Quoting momwith2monkeys:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)