Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vyvanse

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:18 AM
  • 59 Replies
We finally got the prescription on ds's adhd med. Yay!! Anyone have any experience with it? He will start it friday (can't get it til payday) thanks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harpsichord
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:19 AM

i have never heard of it, actually. here's a bump.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:19 AM

It can cause a lot of agression BUT I HAVE seen it work well...just not with my son.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Quoting harpsichord:

i have never heard of it, actually. here's a bump.

It is to adderal what concerta is to ritalin pretty much.

We should be in awe at the gift of having children rather than obsessed by our rights as a mother!

4FAM67860509
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:24 AM
This. My son ended up punching a window out just hours after taking it. He was 5. It may have been the Vy but it may not have been.

Quoting laranadtony:

It can cause a lot of agression BUT I HAVE seen it work well...just not with my son.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Temecula_Mama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:24 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM

My son is on it and we love it.  Ask your doctor about a discount card.  It will save you up to 50% of your out of pocket cost.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Every child is different.  You may have to play with his meds to get the right one and dosage.  My son was aggressive on Adderall, but Vyvanse is by far the best he has been on.  He is 16 now, diagnosed at 7.  We have been through several med changes.  :)

Quoting 4FAM67860509:

This. My son ended up punching a window out just hours after taking it. He was 5. It may have been the Vy but it may not have been.

Quoting laranadtony:

Temecula_Mama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Yeah we got that but I'm super broke and it only brings it down to 12 (half his 25 copay) so I have to wait until thursday. But that way I can get his clonidine adjusted before we start the vyvanse.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

My son is on it and we love it.  Ask your doctor about a discount card.  It will save you up to 50% of your out of pocket cost.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Temecula_Mama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:04 AM
Bump!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Temecula_Mama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:27 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)