Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me i dont know what else to do PIOG

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:57 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am sitting here crying and i am not a crier people that know me know that it takes alot to make me cry and its hard for me to show my feelings. I dont know what to do anymore with my seven year old. It is a constant battle with him about everything we fight when i tell him to get ready for school in the morning he takes FOREVER to get ready in the morning. We fight every night when it comes to doing his homework we fight about him doing chores around the house and we even fight at bed time. We fight about EVERYTHING. I am to the point that i hate coming home at night because of him because all we do is fight. I am at my witts end with him and i have to walk away from him cause i have come close to back handing him thats not me. I'm tired of fighting over everything i do my homework every night even if i dont want to so why doesnt he have to do his? He knows that if he doesnt do his homework everynight and turn it in the next day he will have to miss recess to complete the assignment. I have threatened to send him to live else where i have taken stuff away from him like his DS and TV. I have tried time outs and nothing seems to work. Where did i go wrong? The last 2 years have been hard on him i had a new baby his great grandma passed away suddenly and me and his dad seperates and divorced. I fear that i might hurt him and than i lose both my kids i'm not a violent person rarely do i use spanking as a punishment. I fear that the only option left is to put him in foster care fcause i cant handle him anymore. I feel like i have failed as a mother. Maybe i am to nice and thats where the problem is i dont know but i am lost as to what to do with him how to get him to understand and listen and do as he is told. He is also mean to his sister and i tell hm to stay away from her or get out of her face and i have to either yell at him or tell him 5 times before he does it. There is always an excuse why he cant do something. PLEASE i am begging for help i love both my kids more than anything in this world but my 7 year old is killing me with the way he acts. He doesnt seem to act this way at school though so maybe it is me i dont know but i am lost and frustrated and heart broken and sad trying to figure out how to have a good relationship with him and get him to understand. ANY advice would be great thanks.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommy4ever07
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Try and talk to his teacher or call your insurance and look into some counseling for him. That is a lot for a 7 year old to handle it may just be his way of dealing with everything. He may benefit from some one on one counseling and some time with you him and the counselor and maybe his dad as well.

yayay15
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:25 AM
I don't have much advice but here's a bump! He probably has just been through a lot and does know how to handle it. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Quoting mommy4ever07:

Try and talk to his teacher or call your insurance and look into some counseling for him. That is a lot for a 7 year old to handle it may just be his way of dealing with everything. He may benefit from some one on one counseling and some time with you him and the counselor and maybe his dad as well.

Me and Archer go to counseling every two weeks. Sometimes i will take up the full hour and other times we will split it or i will give up my full hour just for him to talk to the counseler. Hi teacher told me just today that he does seem to get frustrated if things arent perfect but he does really good in school. I try to spend as much time with him as i can. I am a full time student so in the morning he is at the B&G club and i pick him up from school in the after noon and whe nwe get home i try to get him to do his homework and i will help him. His father is on a different schedual then Archer is. When Dusty is off Archer is at school when Archer is off Dusty is at work

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
redhead-bedhead
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:30 AM

I think family counseling would be beneficial for everyone. Both of you are going through a lot of changes and youre taking it out on each other.

And stop threating him about kicking him out. That can really make a kid feel insecure and make things worse.

I really hope you both can get through this tough spot.

BeiberHATER
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:36 AM
i am going through the VERY SAME THING with my 13 YR Old daughter
i put her in counsling , believe me i understand. get this attitude and the not liking school under control now.
that was my mistake, i did not do enough, fast enough
that girl is on the road to becoming a failure just like me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)