Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Canon EOS Rebel users!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM
  • 10 Replies

Do you have one? Do you like it? Can I see pics you've taken using Auto?

Specifically

Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2MP DSLR Camera

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermama322
by Made in Canada on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:17 AM

BUMP!

littlebabybliss
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:28 AM

If you plan to use a DSLR on auto, you should just get a point and shoot. You will get better results with a higher end P&S than using a DSLR on auto.

supermama322
by Made in Canada on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Hmmm I have a good point and shoot. I'm just wanting to see Auto quality for the times I need to snap a quick picture without messing with settings.

OutlawMUA
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:46 AM
Totally agree

Quoting littlebabybliss:

If you plan to use a DSLR on auto, you should just get a point and shoot. You will get better results with a higher end P&S than using a DSLR on auto.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvinmy3babes
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:47 AM
I have one and love it. Hold on and I will post pics. I don't really use auto though. Dh got it for me because im always having issues with cheap cameras that I buy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karabearblu
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:49 AM
I wish I had an slr but my point and shoot does an awesome job with a little editing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlebabybliss
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Quoting supermama322:

Hmmm I have a good point and shoot. I'm just wanting to see Auto quality for the times I need to snap a quick picture without messing with settings.

If you know how to use a DSLR there is no need for auto. Get one if you plan on learning, but if you just want to stick it on auto, then get a P&S or even a bridge camera. Canon G series are great Bridge cameras.

Auto is (9 times out of 10) never pretty on a DSLR. 

littlebabybliss
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:56 AM

The things that make a great picture great are, 

1. Lighting

2. Exposure

3. Focus/Clarity

You can acheive this with the most basic of equipment, but, you have to know how. A DSLR on auto is going to take the lighting at face value, expose the for majority of the image (hello blowouts or nothing at all) and also focus on what it deems is most contrasty. Whether that be a ribbon on a baby (and not its eyes) or A house in the background, instead of a moving toddler/subject, etc.

luvinmy3babes
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:03 AM
Well its not letting me upload any images, I don't know why. I will keep trying. But I agree with pp I wouldn't but it to use on auto.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ThreeKidsEnough
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:46 PM

My husband and I just bought one last week.  Even though I'm still getting used to it, I used it to take pictures at my daughter's cross country meet on Monday.  They came out great, but I was using it on shutter priority mode instead of Auto.  We bought the 55-250 lens for telephoto use.  My hubby knows a lot more about cameras than me (I had been using a Kodak compact which wore out)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)