Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get over scary scenes in movies? I'm freaking out. *this is shocking, you have been warned.*

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:39 AM
  • 23 Replies

Okay, so this scene wasn't exactly scary. Anyway, there's a horrific scene in Trainspotting where you see a dead baby. The parents were tripping on drugs and the baby basically starved to death, died of SIDs, something really bad.

You hear the mom screaming and wailing and then they show the baby in her crib.

And I have this damn image burned into my brain forever.

How do I stop feeling so down and out about this crap?

I know it was fake. I know it wasn't a real baby! I know it's not real and I know I'm stupid for getting worked up over it. But I just can't stop feeling anxious over that image and that scene in the movie.

Every time I close my eyes I see it.

:(

How do you deal with scary things?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
try_again_love
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:41 AM
I don't have any advice, sorry.

Scary or horrific images don't bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDean
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:42 AM

*shivers* I remember that scene. Over the years you will forget it until someone posts about it on a social networkign site.

crazymom21
That's a tough one since that stuff is based off things that can happen. I don't think there is a way to really get over it but try not to think about it. Maybe replace the image with lots of good ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeiberHATER
that bad feeling will go away in time, after i watched THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE, I thought I would never forget it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflymomss
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:43 AM

No idea sorry but your avatar is going to give me nightmares lol. As for the movie that sounds horrible. I know never to watch it now.

caito
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:44 AM

That's one reason I was so affected by it. I know it's real and I know people who have seen the real thing. :( :( :(

My husband was really bummed about it too. Neither of us had a clue it was coming.

caito
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Ohhhh no, the movie itself is AMAZING. I mean, I guess it has to be your 'type' of movie of course. It was just that one little four or five seconds that got to me. I even closed my eyes when I heard the mom screaming because I automatically knew what had happened. Then they showed the crib and my husband was like "Ohhh noooooo..." And my eyes forced themselves open. Ugh.

Quoting butterflymomss:

No idea sorry but your avatar is going to give me nightmares lol. As for the movie that sounds horrible. I know never to watch it now.

pinkiebabii
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:46 AM
Ha that made me laugh. You'll forget eventually.

Quoting MsDean:

*shivers* I remember that scene. Over the years you will forget it until someone posts about it on a social networkign site.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andiecheyenne
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Quoting try_again_love:

I don't have any advice, sorry.

Scary or horrific images don't bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBookSiren
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:48 AM
:( I watch happy movies, even cartoons until I fall asleep. It doesn't take the images away but it helps so I don't see it again in my nightmare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)