Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help help single moms help

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:59 AM
  • 12 Replies
My friend k moved 1000 miles from home with her bf. THEN was told by her bf that she was no funn ether PICK there son or him he wanted to party still. she moved back in with her mom and dad. they rub in her mistake of moving with him and every little thing well i got off the phone with her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeLuvYou
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 AM
?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fire_of_indy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:03 AM
and she has been thinking about ending it. i reminded her of her hell growing up and if she wanted to see her son go through it. she is going through her first year of callage and cant make ends meet on her own she is only 19 with a two year old her dead beet x boyfriend cant hold a job what are the grants she can get to help her move outa her parents house? I live three states over now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Survivor6388
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:04 AM

? What did you need help with again?

Survivor6388
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:05 AM

She can get a Pell grant. Worst case scenario she can apply for housing assistance. Is she working at all?

fire_of_indy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:07 AM
My phone boots me after a min of no activity typing dont count. i see her strugle and all i can do is tell her dont give up we love u. but it seams like all of our friends have there own life and struggls and dont want to put more on there shoulders then they have i keep telling her my door is always open and the spare room is open to u always
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fire_of_indy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:10 AM
she is works nights at subway and has class till 3pm and spends time with z late affternoon and will sleep for 3 to 4 hours after he is asleep....poor girl is working her self to sleep :-(

Quoting Survivor6388:

She can get a Pell grant. Worst case scenario she can apply for housing assistance. Is she working at all?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlinkiesWifey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:10 AM

She is eligible for pell grants & student loans.  She only needs to fill out her FAFSA & talk to finanial aid.  I wish her the best.  It may seem hard right now, but it really sounds like she & her bby are way better off w/o him in their lives.

fire_of_indy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:17 AM
THEY ARE!! but at same time she was better off living with him then with her parents. he tryed not to ever say anything to put her down and he went head to head with her dad when he hit her. he is just to young to be a daddy yet he is still all about having funn and no worries

Quoting SlinkiesWifey:

She is eligible for pell grants & student loans.  She only needs to fill out her FAFSA & talk to finanial aid.  I wish her the best.  It may seem hard right now, but it really sounds like she & her bby are way better off w/o him in their lives.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlinkiesWifey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:20 AM

If she budgets just right, she may be able to move out of her parents' home soon.  It will take a lot of planning & she may end up moving into a not-so-great place @ first, but with her working it an be done.  Sometimes getting a roommate can also help.  It's hard to find a good one though.  I've had my share of shitty ones ... lol.  I wish her the best & hope things work out for her!!

Quoting fire_of_indy:

THEY ARE!! but at same time she was better off living with him then with her parents. he tryed not to ever say anything to put her down and he went head to head with her dad when he hit her. he is just to young to be a daddy yet he is still all about having funn and no worries

Quoting SlinkiesWifey:

fire_of_indy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:33 AM
I WORRIE and every time she calls looking for a cheer up i put on my happy voice and be the best friend i always have and going over her bills if she can scrach bb sitter she can afford a 200 a month but then thats if she can get away from a bb sitter otherwise she can only afford 125 a month :-( after food
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)