Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Tests.. Help!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:53 AM
  • 41 Replies

Ok I posted this in my journal also but it seems this is the group to be in tonight.. sooo.. Here goes.. and Please be nice! I am not asking this to start a drama feed.. :-)

Ok ladies.. help me out here.. the ONLY pregnancy tests I have EVER taken have been this week! I took one the other day (way early) mainly just to see if the trigger shot was still in my system.. it was negative so I was just setting a baseline so I would know a pos was no the shot.. ok so I took one this morning but my pee seemed pretty light to me (I rarely sleep 8 hours straight.. I'm good to get 4..) I may have had more water than normal before bed but tried to wait as long as I could hold it! Anyway.. While testing (it says to read after 2 and discard after 10 minutes) well.. almost immediately the 1st window turned blueish then the control line appeared in the second window.. I waited the 2 minutes and was trying to see a line so hard.. but just figured it was neg.. I went back to check it (I'm pretty sure it was after 10 minutes) and there was a very faint line.. I look at it again this evening (now yesterday!) and see a darker clearer line..

OK so I get to thinking.. I haven't had much to drink in a while and I think it's been several hours since I peed so I decided to take another.. (I know.. crazy..  but I didn't get my OPK pos until the evening.. soo ) anyway.. so my pee was much darker this time so I figured it's more concentrated.. and do the second test.. same thing as the first.. didn't really come out and say positive but when I looked at it a while ago.. just like the first one.. faint blue line!

Sooooo.. what does this mean? very early pregnancy? Low hormone level so it's not reading very much on the test?

The top one was this morning and the bottom was this evening..

**Oh forgot to say that I was on day 12PO/IUI when I took these (technically yesterday now)..

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmericanChild82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:54 AM
You're preggers momma. Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseofFeast
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:55 AM

After the 10 minute window the test is no good.

Wait a few days and test again...

LJC6780
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:56 AM

That's what I was thinking (as per the instructions) but why would the line be there?

Ktez2002
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Quoting AmericanChild82:

You're preggers momma. Congrats!

Yep, the hormones arent very potent this early which is why the line is light. Congrats!

CafeMom Tickers

SlinkiesWifey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:58 AM

I don't believe the test is valid after a certain amount of time has passed.  I would test first thing in the morning.  That's when your levels are supposed to be @ their highest.

supermama322
by Made in Canada on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:58 AM
If it showed after 10 mins, I'd disregard and count as a negative. I've had lots of tests have the positive line appear way later when it was definitely negative
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:59 AM
Evap line. I think.

Quoting LJC6780:

That's what I was thinking (as per the instructions) but why would the line be there?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlinkiesWifey

Also, you may want to try using a digital test.  Those tend to be more accurate.  They say either "preg" or "not preg".  No fuss over silly lines.  GL to you, if you are TTC!!

3lilmonsters88
The morning one is no good. The evening on is positive if u didn't wait 10mins to read it. Id say your preggo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:01 AM
i think they are both positive but take a pink dye test to be sure and let us know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)