Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please say a prayer for my DH's grandpa UPDATE 9/29/11

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:33 AM
  • 10 Replies

We found out in June that my DH's grandpa has stage 4 cancer. He has a tumor in his brain, lungs, chest. He is doing chemo to try and shrink the cancer a little which is helping a little bit. We are stationed in Germany so we can't just leave and go see him right now. We just had a little boy in July so we have to wait for DS's passport to come in which it will hopefully be here today. Found out his grandpa is not eating now. Talked to my mother-in-law and she thinks he is calling it quits now and giving up :( I'm really hoping he holds on till we can get there. I really would love for him to meet his great grandson. Just asking everyone to say a prayer for him or keep him in your thoughts. Thank you everyone!

Well, we did make it to Minnesota last Friday. The day we got here my DH's grandpa was taken to the hospital. His cancer had spread all the to the outer lining of his brain. He sadly passed away yesterday morning :( he will be greatly missed. But on a bright note he did get to hold his great grandson for a few seconds. I am so thankful for that memory.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywife009
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:34 AM

He will be in my thoughts. :( Hugs to you and your dh's family.

DVS
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:39 AM
Thoughts and prayers for your family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaysmommy2118
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:40 AM

Quoting DVS:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Berkley
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:40 AM
I'll keep him in my prayers. Hugs to
you, and your family!

(I had a little boy in July too. July 10th to be exact. We applied for a passport for him and it came last week...hopefully yours doesn't have too much longer! It should be any time now, really).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylovesnick07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:42 AM

Thank you for keeping him in your thoughts. I really appreciate it and I know my DH does too :)

Quoting armywife009:

He will be in my thoughts. :( Hugs to you and your dh's family.

amylovesnick07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:43 AM

Thank you both for the prayers! :)

Quoting Jaysmommy2118:

Quoting DVS:

amylovesnick07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:44 AM

Thank you so much for the prayers. That's awesome you had a boy in July too. My b-day is on the 17th and my DS's was born on the 24th. Are you guys somewhere in Europe to?

Quoting Berkley:

you, and your family!

(I had a little boy in July too. July 10th to be exact. We applied for a passport for him and it came last week...hopefully yours doesn't have too much longer! It should be any time now, really).

Berkley
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:49 AM
No we live in the US but needed a passport for Camden (our son) because we're going to Australia in November. :-]

Congrats on the birth of your son!

Quoting amylovesnick07:

Thank you so much for the prayers. That's awesome you had a boy in July too. My b-day is on the 17th and my DS's was born on the 24th. Are you guys somewhere in Europe to?

Quoting Berkley:

you, and your family!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylovesnick07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 3:24 AM

That's awesome!! You'll have to let me know how Australia is! I've always wanted to go there. And thank you. Congrats to you as well.

Quoting Berkley:

No we live in the US but needed a passport for Camden (our son) because we're going to Australia in November. :-]

Congrats on the birth of your son!

Quoting amylovesnick07:

Quoting Berkley:

you, and your family!

amylovesnick07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2011 at 4:36 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)