• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:34 AM
  • 19 Replies

What do you use your child support for? I get child support for my oldest and I usually buy all the kids a couple of new outfits from WalMart and any diapers or household supplies we need(toilet paper, detergent, cleaning supplies, art supplies). SO pays all the real bills and child support is just my little bit of extra money. BF recently made me feel guilty for not using all the money on HIS child. Am I wrong in using it how I use it?

Mommy to Reyna Adrielle(05-28-08) and Brennon Levi(07-29-09).
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
malissaL
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:40 AM

use it however you see fit. 

I paid bills with mine.

southernswag
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Child support isn't YOUR money or HIS it's money meant for YOUR child by their biological father, you should spend the money how you see fit and if that's on toiletries and clothing then so be it. It's a lot better then where I've seen other mothers spend their support checks. 

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:42 AM
My daughters dad is $600 in the hole
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelgrl5200
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:45 AM
I do the same thing...i get 100 a week and it goes towards household things...bio father had just about a cow saying it was meant for our child not everyone in the house...i quickly put him in his place...she is not our child she is my child...in 8 years you havent paid a dime...when you pay that 30.000+ in back support then you can tell me how you think i should spend it...untill then fuck off your not even making your full monthly payment...he hasnt said anything since lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlomax07
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:47 AM

how would df know how and what you spend your child support on unless you tell him???  my advice is to keep that information to yourself, this way you wont have any problems...

prverbs31woman

mlomax07@yahoo.com
haleyleedy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:49 AM
Our 10 had the cs card, she can use it however she wants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1979mommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:51 AM

I say anything that benefits the child is fine. If your kid uses toilet paper then buy it. If your kids uses electricity then pay it. I have an issue with parents who use the child support for alcohol (partying, going out without the kids), smokes, getting hair/nails done, etc.

ILive4This
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:56 AM

It gets direct deposited with all of our other money.   I use it for whatever I need at that moment....groceries, a bill paid, an item to repurpose from the thrift store :D....whatever.    I clothe, feed, put a roof over his head, that is heated and has electric, they pick up his garbage at the curb, on and on.   I don't specifically put the money somewhere....it gets pooled.

ILive4This
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Why?   I mean, if the child is being taken care of properly, and the mom wants to get her nails done, why can't she?   She already fed the kid, she got reimbursed for that with CS....she can use that money any way she wants, imo.

Quoting 1979mommy:

I say anything that benefits the child is fine. If your kid uses toilet paper then buy it. If your kids uses electricity then pay it. I have an issue with parents who use the child support for alcohol (partying, going out without the kids), smokes, getting hair/nails done, etc.

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:04 AM

I've been getting child support for my son for a few months now. ( we don't count on it because he sends it whenever he wants.) Anyway, that money is placed into a savings account. Like I said, we don't count on it so we just save it for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)