• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a will?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:15 AM
  • 21 Replies

I've been thinking about making a will for a couple years now, well every since we have had kids really. I've been back and forth on who I want to have my children if something tragic were to happen to hubby and I. I think hubby and I finally agreed on my SIL today and he is bringing home will documents this week for us to make it official, (our children and our money going to her) after I speak to her today and see if she is up to it. I messaged her and asked to call her, I'm pretty nervous. But anyway, do you all have a will? If so why or why not?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gardenmom571
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:19 AM

No.  I had thought about many times over the yrs. My oldest is 20 and then I have a 12 and 10 yr old. I hope nothing ever happens before they are all adults. One thing lately is I would like to be cermated . I would like to get that on paper.

pink.princess87
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM
Yes but it needs to be updated and I need to buy life insurance. Last time it was updated was over 2 years ago. DD wasn't born then, and I want her included in it. Plus, I didn't know the songs I would want, and I have specific instructions that I've thought about since the kids were born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Berkley
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:21 AM
We have one, but we need to update it now that our son is born (which we're actually meeting with our attorney in 2 weeks to do). I think
wills are extremely important, especially when kids are involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TariMeccico
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Yes dh and I have wills and everything squared away with who gets dd if something were to happen to us. we did that right after dd was born 5 yrs ago lol.

MichelleK41
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:22 AM

No not yet but we have been talking about it currently.

Kodysmommy928
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:23 AM

We do and my brother and sister in law get the kids if anything happens to us.  Everything goes to the kids or to help raise them.  Consult a lawyer when drawing it up.

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:23 AM

My oldest is 4, and honest to God it has been the hardest decision (who to leave our kids with). :-(

Quoting TariMeccico:

Yes dh and I have wills and everything squared away with who gets dd if something were to happen to us. we did that right after dd was born 5 yrs ago lol.

-NatureChild-
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:24 AM
Yes, we do. I think anyone with children should have a will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:24 AM

my husband is a paralegal and he has been to a will drafting course, so we now how to make a will, we just didnt know who to leave our children/assets too, we have been back and forth for a while. :-(

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

We do and my brother and sister in law get the kids if anything happens to us.  Everything goes to the kids or to help raise them.  Consult a lawyer when drawing it up.

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:30 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)