• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

etopic pregnancy

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:17 AM
  • 20 Replies

Has anyone ever had one?  What happens?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashmom614
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:18 AM

its a pregnancy that is in your tubes. Results in a miscarriage and you have to immediately get to your dr. It's dangerous

philipmommy4834
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I know that but i mean what does it feel like.  I haven't had a positive pregnancy test but I am late and I am haivng sharp pains in my stomach but no bleeding.

Berkley
I haven't, but here's a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessPeach06

I had one with my first pregnancy.  It came close to rupturing and I was taken into emergency surgery and lost part of my right tube.  

If they catch it early enough you can sometimes avoid surgery.

~Kelly~
Mom to 3 boys ages 13,11 & 7
and 3 girls ages 9, 5 & 3

Join us on:

PrincessPeach06
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Quoting philipmommy4834:

I know that but i mean what does it feel like.  I haven't had a positive pregnancy test but I am late and I am haivng sharp pains in my stomach but no bleeding.

I had no bleeding but the pain in my right side was so bad the day of surgery that i couldn't stand straight.  Prior to that I just had intense AF like cramps.

I was 6 1/2 weeks.

~Kelly~
Mom to 3 boys ages 13,11 & 7
and 3 girls ages 9, 5 & 3

Join us on:

littlebabybliss
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:21 AM

It's a pregnancy which is anywhere but your uterus. Usually in your Fallopian tubes. If you have one, you will have extreme local pain to where the pregnancy is located. You may also spot. If it's caught earlier enough the DR. can give you a shot that will dissolve the pregnancy. If not, they will have to surgically remove it - which often time involves the removal of a fallopian tube.

my4littlegirls

I had one in 2004.  I had horrible pains in my side.  I would feel light headed and throw up then be fine.  I didn't realize what it was until I felt real bad at work so I went to the ER and found out what was going on.  It was a exploratory surgery till they found out my tube rupurtered.  It must have happened in the ER because the tech couldn't see it was ruptured in the U/.S.   I ended up loosing my baby and my right tube that morning.

littlebabybliss

You would have a Positive PG test.

littlebabybliss
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Is the pain on your right side? Check for Appendicitis.

myangels2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:22 AM
I had one....I didn't have any pain just a lot of bleeding. It was caught before my tube ruptured.

Make an appt. with your Doctor!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)