Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you celebrate Halloween? Trick or Treat? If yes or no Why?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:29 AM
  • 37 Replies

Poll

Question: Halloween ?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 49

View Results

If yes why what do you like best about it and how far do yoy take it

If no why? Just wondering what peoples views are about this holiday.trick or treat

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Berkley
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:31 AM
I love fall, but I don't like Halloween at all. I don't like all the devils, skeltons, witches, crazy people, etc.

However, when our son is old enough, I don't have an issue taking him out trick or treating or anything like that. Right now he's only 9 weeks old though, so we probably won't do anything for Halloween this year except hand out candy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gardenmom571
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Berkley , you sound like me . How about Christmas I don't like the materialistic attitude of Santa. I will not display a santa in my house.

orcadarwin
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:39 AM

I love dressing my kids up.  We only take them around to family, we don't go door to door in a neighborhood or anything.  They love getting dressed up.  They usually get enough stuff from just the 3 places we go to fill their pumpkin buckets.  My mother-in-law always gets them clothes and a book for Halloween, instead of candy.

WishfulMama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Yes.  I like to decorate and go to a few fall festivals for my kids.  I think dressing up the little ones and taking them trick or treating is a fun experience for them, but we don't spend hours doing it.  I don't let my kids trick or treat once they turn twelve. 

ms-vero
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Yes because it's a fun family activity. I'm not really into the scary costumes but we do carve pumpkins. 

.mysweetmelissa
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:25 PM

No we don't.  When Melissa is old enough to want to do it we will.  For now, she doesn't get candy anyway, so there's no point.  My husband and I don't celebrate it.

do11face
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:25 PM

yes, because it's fun and we like candy. :)

do11face. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:26 PM

First we go to the Harvest Festival where all my kids have gone to preschool, then we trick or treat my parents and grandparents and a little in their neighborhoods but not much.

Then we go to the nursing home DH works at, they always put on a party and we can trick or treat the residents.

melaniecerise
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I like to dress them up and trick or treat. We do family costumes and the kids usually pick theirs out. We won't let them be anything negative like devils and witches and etc while they are young, when they get older we will let them choose. they are into superheroes and princesses right now anyway

ToxicAngel7
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I do not celebrate Halloween.I have never been big on Holidays.I'm more into Christmas though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)