Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you remember who you were before having kids?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:06 AM
  • 18 Replies

I guess this should be aimed at moms with older kids. I was just thinking that I completely do not remember who I was before having my son 17 yrs ago! I know I was me, but exactly who was that? LOL I feel I have been a mom ALL my life (not just to my son) and I am longing to get to know who the woman is behind "mom".

Anyone else feel that way? Or am I just a wierdo?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I understand what you mean, my kids are 12 and 8...sadly, I also lost a son 9 years ago...so not only do I not remember who I was before kids, I do not remember who I was before I became a "mother who lost a child".

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Wow, I am sorry for your loss of your son! I just could not imagine what that must feel like!

Quoting km1970:

I understand what you mean, my kids are 12 and 8...sadly, I also lost a son 9 years ago...so not only do I not remember who I was before kids, I do not remember who I was before I became a "mother who lost a child".

EsmeVincent
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:11 AM

psh, my son is almost 4 and I dont' remember who I was...I just know I did some stupid things before getting married and some stupid things before we got pg....its ok I like myself the way I am now :)

AlyDezEli1422
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:12 AM
Shes gone and lost forever...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:13 AM
You put into words how I personally feel. My son is only three but I lost my first son in 1995 and I don't remember me from before that time... all the time in between was spent trying for the son I have now or drinking away the hurt and loss of losing my firstborn.

Quoting km1970:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devinsmom42
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:14 AM
I have no clue! Lol and my kids r only 5, 3, and 9 months!. I was 17 when I got pregnant tho so I don't remember what life was like before them lol. Pretty boring compared to now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarGeee

Oh I feel that way a lot. I know before I had kids though I was trouble. Having kids changed me and made me a better person.

1979mommy

I remember who I was and I'm kind of glad I'm not that person anymore.

r_luvli
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:15 AM
I know how you feel, all too well. My kids are 23, 19, and 17. Before them, I was a smartass teenager, hell bent on self destruction. Getting pregnant at 16 completely changed everything about me. It was the best thing to happen to me, but now, at age 40, I'm looking for a definition of myself. Something besides being a mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM
My oldest is 11 and I don't remember. I know I was much lighter (physically and mentally). I think I really liked that girl...I'd like to see her again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)