Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone gotten or know of anyone who has gotten pregnant while on an IUD BC??

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:47 AM
  • 11 Replies

Just wondering if its possible??  Thanks ladies :)

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spastic_poodle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM
I got pregnant and miscarried twice on it, in a 2 year span.. I got it out recently. condoms just work better for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Astaroth
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:51 AM
Its definitely possible, no bc is 100%. A friend of mine got pregnant with an iud in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashmom614
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:52 AM

MANY stories...I found a forum on it a while back when I was considering it and the stories were HORRIBLE.

Definitely changed my mind for sure!

MamaKitty5
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:52 AM
I have a friend that has 3 BC babies, the last was while she had an IUD. The dr finally agreed to tie her tubes after this one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda0320
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Quoting spastic_poodle:

I got pregnant and miscarried twice on it, in a 2 year span.. I got it out recently. condoms just work better for us.

really??  I am so sorry lady :( 

I thought the IUD was the most effective form of bc.  Im expecting my period any day now.  but for the last week or so I have had these cramps and Im extremely bloated.  At least I hope its bloating.  I look preggo tho.  didnt know if it was even possible.  I think Im gonna test...

amanda0320
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Quoting Ashmom614:

MANY stories...I found a forum on it a while back when I was considering it and the stories were HORRIBLE.

Definitely changed my mind for sure!

can you tell me the name of the forum??

Mamato3Nunns
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM

My Isobel is a result of an IUD but it was put in wrong. So No, do not know of any one who got pregnant with one installed correctly.

amanda0320
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Quoting MamaKitty5:

I have a friend that has 3 BC babies, the last was while she had an IUD. The dr finally agreed to tie her tubes after this one.

Was she able to carry the baby to full term??  I read that if you do get preggo it is most likely to mc.

spastic_poodle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:58 AM

It's okay. I didn't want more children at the time, but I have to admit that finding out you're pregnant and then miscarrying is always a let down for me. 

We're actually trying for another right now.  With the IUD out I don't have to be so nervous about things going wrong.  We'll go back to condoms when we're done trying. 

I think sometimes IUD's just aren't put in right, or the swimmers be too strong haha.  I dunno. It just didn't go well for me.  And having it taken out... the week afterwards, was unbearable.  So I don't want to try it again.

Quoting amanda0320:

Quoting spastic_poodle:

really??  I am so sorry lady :( 

I thought the IUD was the most effective form of bc.  Im expecting my period any day now.  but for the last week or so I have had these cramps and Im extremely bloated.  At least I hope its bloating.  I look preggo tho.  didnt know if it was even possible.  I think Im gonna test...

jennerz
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:06 PM

When you got pregnant with your IUD what symptoms did you have? I had my son on June 11th I got my Mirena IUD inserted on July 15th and went back August 26th to get it checked and everything seemed fine. But here lately I've been gaining weight, having CRAZY dreams and HORRIBLE heartburn which the dreams and heartburn are how I knew I was pregnant with my son. I also felt my strings on my IUD a couple of days ago and they feel a lot longer. It used to be hard to feel them and the other day they were very easy to find and felt really long. I also still haven't had a period since I had my son which I know is normal with breastfeeding and havin the IUD. and My breasts have been KILLING me they are so sore and it doesn't get better no matter how much I feed my son or pump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)