Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

okay lets be serious for a moment..

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:51 AM
  • 1 Replies

Poll

Question: Which would you do? (see explanation)

Options:

other - I will post

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 5

View Results

I need some advice, i know bad place to ask lol

Here are my options.. WWYD?

1. stay at my current job which is 16 hours a week guaranteed and first pick of any fill in shifts. So far I am averaging 4 days (32 hours) The two guaranteed are 4pm - 12am Sat/Sun which works fairly well for me since my husband is on a 3 on 3 off so we don't always have weekends off together anyway and I get to spend the day with my kids and cost of babysitting is minimal when I do need it because he is home at 6. 

Only down side is I don't feel very challenged in the position. It's a pretty casual shift we mostly watch movies, play games, cook, play pool, go swimming, bowling etc.

2. Take a 20 hour position that just came up to design a program and teach lifeskills to kids coming off probation. The hours would be flexible and I could decide if I wanted to keep my weekends too (I think still waiting for the answer to this but can't see why they wouldn't let me). I would be way more challenged and its what i really love doing and have experience at. (5 years)

Downside is the contract is only for a year where my guaranteed one is not. So after a year I might have no job or have to go back to casual on call with no guarenteed work or the contract could be continued but no guarentee it will be.

3. give up my weekends and take strictly the 20 hour a week life skills job and risk having no job at the end of the contract

4. apply for the 30 hour life skills position (there are two 20 hour and 1 30 hour ones open) and give up my weekends

5. apply for the 30 and keep my weekends working 38 hours a week - this is unlikely since i don't want to work this much.

I really love teaching btw.. and i love designing programs.. its what i did for a long time. But i also really love my job now even though its not so challenging. Ugg.. i donno what to do...

Oh and my pay would stay the same so thats not an issue I also don't care about the difference in $ from the 16 hour to the 36 hour (both jobs) .. I don't really work for the money to be honest.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
acaisha
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)