Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

going on a cruise

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:53 AM
  • 7 Replies
We r going on a cruise with our 4 kids (16,13,10,4) name in abc order what I need to take.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
zoehopemama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM
It depends....how long is your cruise?
Berkley
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM
How long is your cruise and where are you going to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ETHANMASONMOMMY
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM
4 nights

Quoting zoehopemama:

It depends....how long is your cruise?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ETHANMASONMOMMY
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:01 AM
4 nights, mexico

Quoting Berkley:

How long is your cruise and where are you going to?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stefvan
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Your own bottled water and sodas (if you drink them).  Theirs aren't bottled in the states and are nasty! 

You need to see how many dress up nights there are so you can pack clothes for that. 

zoehopemama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Ok, since it is a 4 night cruise, chances are, there will be one formal night. When dh and I went on our cruise in June, we just packed a nice dress for me and a nice pair of slacks and a button up shirt for him. Some people go all out on formal night and wear tuxes and ball gowns. As far as other clothes go, we just packed shorts, capris, bathing suits, and our everday shirts, and pj's and undies lol. I would make sure your kids have plenty of entertainment, Ipods, dvd player, books etc. The ship should have a club for the teens to go to and a place for your younger kids to hang out at during the day.

Be sure you pack all the toiletries you need, Shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, deodorant etc. they do have that stuff on the ship but it is REALLY expensive! Be sure you bring a camera and plenty of batteries or a charger, We brought a collapsible clothes hamper to put in our coset and that helped to keep our room clean. Also pack a power strip. I'm not sure which cruise line you are taking but Carnival ony has one plug in in the room and that power strip was a lifesaver! and the most important thing, be sure you have al of your travel documents, including passports if you have them, birth certificates if you don't, ID's, and your cruise documents.

Ummm, that's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there is more! LOL if you have any questions, feel free to ask! oh and have fun!!!

ETHANMASONMOMMY
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Thanks for all the good info. Never would have thought about the power thing nor clothes basket..

Quoting zoehopemama:

Ok, since it is a 4 night cruise, chances are, there will be one formal night. When dh and I went on our cruise in June, we just packed a nice dress for me and a nice pair of slacks and a button up shirt for him. Some people go all out on formal night and wear tuxes and ball gowns. As far as other clothes go, we just packed shorts, capris, bathing suits, and our everday shirts, and pj's and undies lol. I would make sure your kids have plenty of entertainment, Ipods, dvd player, books etc. The ship should have a club for the teens to go to and a place for your younger kids to hang out at during the day.

Be sure you pack all the toiletries you need, Shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, deodorant etc. they do have that stuff on the ship but it is REALLY expensive! Be sure you bring a camera and plenty of batteries or a charger, We brought a collapsible clothes hamper to put in our coset and that helped to keep our room clean. Also pack a power strip. I'm not sure which cruise line you are taking but Carnival ony has one plug in in the room and that power strip was a lifesaver! and the most important thing, be sure you have al of your travel documents, including passports if you have them, birth certificates if you don't, ID's, and your cruise documents.

Ummm, that's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there is more! LOL if you have any questions, feel free to ask! oh and have fun!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)