Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wwyd? Job related...may cause drama

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM
  • 10 Replies

I have a job offer for a new company but it wont be open until next year right around when my oldest 2 start kindergarten.

It's 11pm to 7am. My dh leaves for work at 715am and gets off at 5pm.

So I would get home right about the time my dh leaves for work. I would get the kids up and ready for school, take them to school, then take my youngest who will be around 2 to day care, come home sleep from 9am-2pm. Kids will go to an afterschool program from 12-230pm.

The money is ok, it has benifts though which we could use. But is it bad that I would not only be putting my toddler in day care but my older 2 would have to do an afterschool program so I could sleep? But that be the only time I could sleep otherwise I would get no sleep at all. I don't have a family member that can watch my kids while I sleep either, I asked and all declined mostly because they work or they have other stuff going on. But I kinda feel bad about pawning them off on a day care center/program...wwyd?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Berkley
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Daycare isn't your only childcare option. I'm not sure why people always resort to day care as being their only option. You could look into hiring a babysitter (that way your kids are home, at least), finding a stay at home mom who wants to make some extra income (and your kids would probably just feel like they are on a play date the whole time, lol), etc. (there's more options I'm sure, I'm just overly tired right now lol).

Anyway, if that's the job you want, I'd look into something other than daycare for financial reasons (those options are most likely cheaper than daycare) as well as not havig to put your kids in a daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlomax07
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:05 AM

you do what is best for your family...if you need the additional income, you should do it...

prverbs31woman

mlomax07@yahoo.com
veganistic
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM

My dd did all day kindergarten... there was no part day option. She didn't get out until 3!

As for DC for the toddler, It might be good for her, and at the very least, won't harm her. Just find a nice

center that does a lot of educational activities.I work nights

too, so I know how it is. You need your sleep, and it sounds like a good job for your family. Why not give it a try? 

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:08 AM
I'd do it. My kids were in daycare (even when only worked part-time). Daycare is not some evil place that eats kids. My kids loved it and were happy there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mena929
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I would get a job if it benefited my family. Your kids will not die in daycare.

nickysmom71
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Do what's best for you and yours....

michelleinfl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I'd do it. My kids were in daycare (even when only worked part-time). Daycare is not some evil place that eats kids. My kids loved it and were happy there.

mes_deux_amours
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:11 AM
IMO there's nothing wrong with your plan. Your kids will love the afterschool program. Your youngest will make friends and learn in day care. You will get your much needed sleep. Just make sure the cost doesn't exceed your income since you'll have 3 kinds in some sort of program. Good Luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ac10
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Maybe hire a babysitter to stay with them in the house while you sleep. That way you are there if they need you. And no, you aren't pawning them off. You have to sleep. 

spastic_poodle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:13 AM

those hours are painful.  I work and my daughter LOVES preschool/ daycare.  Being around other kids, playing, learning.... But seriously, I could not do those hours.

If you want it and it will work for your family, go for it! It really comes down to what's best for you and your family, not us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)