Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy crap this sucks--update in blue

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM
  • 12 Replies

I had dd on saturday. Yesterday my chest started hurting bad. Over on the rt side but close to my sternum. I tried pumping but got almost nothing out. Then i tried letting dd bf (since shes been exclusivly ff since day 1) and she had no intrest. Idk what to do but holy hell this hurts! Anyone have any ideas? Im already wearing a tight bra and a sports bra over it

**Update 9/18/2011**
Ok. So I went to my OB on thursday. I was still having the same pain as i described above as well as abdominal pain. It all felt like a pulled muscle. When my dr pressed on my belly and chest (very lightly) I SCREAMED. I brought my legs up and went into the fetal position crying it hurt so bad. He sent me right to the er. Said the pain I was in wasnt normal and I needed to be checked. So I get to the er and apparently there was no color to my face at all. They took me back, put me on monitors and oxygen and started an IV. My heartrate was 36 when I got there and my O2 level was in the mid-low 80s. I was apparently in such bad shape they had the crash cart in my room. They also did a nuclear medicine scan on me to check for a blood clot in my lungs. They determined that I wasnt having a heart attack and there was no blood clot in my lungs but my HR dropped into the 20s while I was getting my scan. They ended up admitting me in the Cardiac unit for the night so they could run more tests. My BP was sky high (typically runs 110/60-something but was running 140/80). They did an echo, ran more blood work (total of 14 tubes of blood taken from me), did a scan of my gallbladder. Around 6:30 they came in and said I have gallstones and are saying thats the reason my HR was so low. I call bull. I have to followup with my cardiologist this week so they can keep an eye on my heart.

~*~Shawna~*~
A Front-facing, ASL using, baby-wearing, spanking, CIO, circing, anti-leash, pitbull loving, pierced, tattooed, proud mama to Corbin Sage (1/3/08) and a beautiful baby girl...Cambria Seraph (9/10/11).

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I would take an Advil and see if that helps with the pain, is it in your boob or in your chest inside?

rocker_mommy_08
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Kinda both? Like the boob "muscle" i guess is the best way to explain it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Kim on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM

This is confusing.  Are you trying to dry up your milk?  That can be painful.  Does it feel like there's a lump (that could be red).  If so, you could have an infection in your milk ducts.  Call the doctor.

rocker_mommy_08
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM
I see the dr tmr at 2. Theres no lump. Just like i pulled a muscle kinda. I cant even reach across my chest to grab stuff :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM
If its more in your chest, I would get it checked out. There's a good chance for post partum to get a pulmonary embolism. I'd call the OB.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocker_mommy_08
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 4:16 PM

bump

Mommi_Rey
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM
I was admitted to cardiac ICU because my HR was 140 and my BP was very low (don't remember the actual numbers) I had Sepsis. I also had Gallstones and Kidney Stones and had to have emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder. This was 2 weeks ago. I was hospitalized for over a week. I was in very bad shape, I hope you find out what's going on ASAP, as it can be fatal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheshireCat420
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Oh my :-( that's scary. I hope everything turns out ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocker_mommy_08
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Quoting Mommi_Rey:

I was admitted to cardiac ICU because my HR was 140 and my BP was very low (don't remember the actual numbers) I had Sepsis. I also had Gallstones and Kidney Stones and had to have emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder. This was 2 weeks ago. I was hospitalized for over a week. I was in very bad shape, I hope you find out what's going on ASAP, as it can be fatal.

my mom was saying shes shocked i was still talking and holding a conversation w it at 26

acaisha
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 4:32 PM

scary! but 140/80 isn't sky high.. its moderately high.. my husbands is always that high with BP medication. So I wouldn't freak out over that..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)