Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can actually be put into a CO?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM
  • 3 Replies
I've been getting little pointers from you ladies, family, and friends about putting this in the CO, putting that in the CO. Are COs really that detailed? I would like to ask for things in our CO for our upcoming court date next month, but I don't want to seem unreasonable or that I'm asking for to much. I just want to feel safe sending dd 1200 miles away. What I thought about asking for imma the CO is

* bf maintain a phone.
* he gives 30 days notice of his choosing of weeks for summer visitation.
* no spanking.
* notice of where dd will be when with him, if he has to work(who will be watching her).
* 30 days notice of any cancellations or schedule changes.
* if he misses any of his scheduled visitations, he can't make them up.
* at any chance he can't either accompany dd back to me, and I have to fly to get her he either loses his next schedule visitation or he pays for both pick up and drop off tickets. Plus he has to come get her.
* same things goes for if he can't pay to return dd.
* we are only to communicate via email, UNLESS dd is calling the OP.

Does any of this sound unreasonable? To you ladies that know my situation, what else would you add?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I think it all sounds pretty good except what I highlighted in red. I think 30 days notice of schedule changes is a little much. If he is already giving you 30 days notice for seeing her how is he supposed to give you 30 days notice of a schedule change?

Quoting luvmykids08_10:

I've been getting little pointers from you ladies, family, and friends about putting this in the CO, putting that in the CO. Are COs really that detailed? I would like to ask for things in our CO for our upcoming court date next month, but I don't want to seem unreasonable or that I'm asking for to much. I just want to feel safe sending dd 1200 miles away. What I thought about asking for imma the CO is

* bf maintain a phone.
* he gives 30 days notice of his choosing of weeks for summer visitation.
* no spanking.
* notice of where dd will be when with him, if he has to work(who will be watching her).
* 30 days notice of any cancellations or schedule changes.
* if he misses any of his scheduled visitations, he can't make them up.
* at any chance he can't either accompany dd back to me, and I have to fly to get her he either loses his next schedule visitation or he pays for both pick up and drop off tickets. Plus he has to come get her.
* same things goes for if he can't pay to return dd.
* we are only to communicate via email, UNLESS dd is calling the OP.

Does any of this sound unreasonable? To you ladies that know my situation, what else would you add?

Berkley
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM
I would consult with a lawyer, if you haven't already. Are there any of those points that you think the father will object to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChelseaLiz
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Um does that say he has to pay for her to go to him and forher to return to you? If so I think you would pay for her to go back to your house. I don't think the no spanking will go into effect. A judge won't grant a parent the right to tell another parent how to discipline.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)