• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

aaaahhhhh so frustrated!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM
  • 17 Replies
Sooo, my dd is 2.5 and she doesn't eat anything! I am at a complete loss. I feel like I have tried everything to get her to try some different foods. When she was still eating baby food, she was a good eater, but when I started introducing table food she rejected eveything! I am so tired of making her seperate meals, and hate that she only eats junk!
She will eat mac n cheese, chicken nuggets (if they are the good kind) pancakes, poptarts, cheese pizza...few other things.

How do I get her to try new foods? If I put new stuff on her plate she just cries...ugh is she old enough to enforce if you don't eat what I make then you don't eat?
TIA
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ndmom01
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandksmommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM

i would buy healthy foods, give them to her, if she doesn't eat she can go without..she will not let herself starve.

tihone77
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM

this and there's a group on here for picky eaters.  They would have some good suggestions.

Quoting mandksmommy:

i would buy healthy foods, give them to her, if she doesn't eat she can go without..she will not let herself starve.

teegrumpee85
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I agree!!

Quoting mandksmommy:

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM

this

Quoting mandksmommy:

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:50 AM
You can get Jessica Seinfeld!s cookbooks and sneak healy foods into what she eats. I add pureed squash or sweet potatoes into the kids mac & cheese. Have to be careful...add too much and they've known.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kagegirl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:50 AM

She is plenty old enough to start learning. Trust me, she gets hungry enough, she will eat it. The tricki will be for you to not give in to her crying. 

ndmom01
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:56 AM
Thanks, that's what I have been trying. She is pretty strong willed. She has fallen asleep in her chair twice now because she just sits there and cries.

Quoting mandksmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ndmom01
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Thanks, that was my biggest concern. I am just worried she isn't old enough to understand that if she doesn't eat dinner she will go hungry.

Quoting kagegirl:

She is plenty old enough to start learning. Trust me, she gets hungry enough, she will eat it. The tricki will be for you to not give in to her crying. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy259
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I have always had that rule in my house you eat what i put on the table or you go hunfry....If you don't start now it will only be harder as she gets older.....My middle son was very picky and I stuck to my rule and now he is the best eater

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)