Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your teen sexting?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:36 AM
  • 86 Replies

Ok I need some advice.  I got into my 13 yr old dd's facebook last night and was very upset over what I found.  She was sexting messages with this boy.  I didn't see any exchange of pics BUT they were virtually having sex if that makes any sense.  Her internet privileges got suspended before because she was saying she was sexy and lying about her age on another ap.  (also talking to strangers; meeting people online) I have not talked to her yet about what I discovered last night.  I needed to calm down.  I will be taking away all internet but am not sure for how long and please tell me HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU CAN TRUST your kid again?  My mom is also planning on giving her a cell phone in February and I'm thinking maybe she just isn't ready for that since it seems everytime she is talking to someone virtually....she is talking about sex!  She is already seeing a counselor.  Her next appointment is on Monday.  She also likes to lie a lot so it is hard for me to know when she is telling the truth.  She wrote a message to one of her friends saying that she went to a party last month, slept with some guy and now thinks she is pregnant and so she has to starve herself so she can kill the baby!  As far as I know she is still a virgin!  I am at my wits end here ladies.  Any positive advice is appreciated.  Thanks!!!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zombiecupcake
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM
Oh. Wow. I have no advice. Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bootifuldisastr
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM

BUMP!

bootifuldisastr
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:40 AM

BUMP!

Charweba

oh wow. I honestly have no clue what to say. Is she looking for attention?

mom_dl6

bump sorry

LizzyPookey1248
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Omg. Ummm Wow. I have no idea. Here is a bump bc i am no help. I really hope you figure something out. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy1will
by Amethyst on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
india_haven
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Idk mama. Good luck. Hopefully someone knows what to do! Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bootifuldisastr
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Well yeah I'm thinking she might cuz I see her saying to boys "i'm fat, ugly and bipolar" (she was never diagnosed with bipolar).  But to me she just wants to hear the boys tell her that she isn't...you know looking for attention....but don't a lot of teens do that? 

Quoting Charweba:

oh wow. I honestly have no clue what to say. Is she looking for attention?

mommy_279
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)