• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

homeschool vs public school

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM
  • 41 Replies

for those with school age kids do you homeschool or do public school? why and why not for either choice?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinglife0682
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM
My daughter goes to public school. It is one of the top districts in our state. She is receiving the best education.
Beautiful__mama
I do homeschool right now with my 4yr old she stated school but my ex and I felt they weren't teaching her enough she has been home with me for 4days and can write all her letters her first and last name and we r workin on her address (she knows it just has to write it)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6

bump

AnimalLover80

I'm interested in the replies for this one. I want to homeschool dh wants to send to private school because of the social interaction and he thinks homeschooling would do more harm than good... so I'd like to see what people who've experienced it have to say :)

AjCeCeMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM
We will do public because we live in a great school district. If we didn't, I would consider homeschool but who knows what I would eventually decide. We also have no religious reason's for our kids to learn at home either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Jenx3
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM
Public. We have one of the best schools in our state here. I love it, it's what's best for us.
.:♥Jennifer♥:.
Lizardannie1966
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Our oldest daughter (who is now 24) went to a public school from K-12th.

Our son (who is now 18 and just graduated from a public high school in May) was home-schooled for junior high.

Our youngest daughter (who is 13 and in 8th grade) is on her 4th year of home-schooling and while we're considering a public high school for next year that is in the neighborhood we're moving into in the next few weeks, she may still continue with her home-schooling program. Just depends on different things.

Each child is/was different and their academic needs were also, so we accommodated those needs with what was best for them as individuals.

tiffany0507
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM

BUMP!

CheyanneW
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM

My 15yr old goes to public school and my 9 yr old goes to school online at home.  My 9yr old is dyslexic and she was not getting the help she needed in public school so we are trying this for now.  She is doing sooo much better with her reading.  Best decision I ever made!

itseebitsee
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM
I've done both with my children. my suggestion is try each of them and find what works best for you and your children. out of three I home schooled two of them one loved it and one hated it and went back to p.s. My dd went to public did great homeschooled for three years did great. She re entered p.s. into gifted classes and after a year and a half says when this year is over she might want to do homeschool again. So, do what works for you and your family. Homeschool does require a lot of commitment but the benefits are huge. At the same time, my son who hated the one year of homeschool thrives in p.s. and is in gifted classes there. Good luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)