Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For a 2 year old?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM
  • 19 Replies

Ok so this is about the time of year that my MIL wants our Xmas wish lists. I was thinking of putting one of those hand held learning systems for kids (v-tech, leap frog, etc) on it. DD will be about a month shy of turning three when Xmas gets here. Does anyone know a good system to ask for for a kid her age?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1busymomma03
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM

BUMP!

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:57 AM

BUMP!

fairy_fan
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM

My 4yo granddaughter got a PSP for her birthday.  There are plenty of kids games for it.  Might as well get that now instead of buying a "baby toy" now and in a couple of years getting the PSP.  

And yes, I am sure that a 3yo could handle it.  I have an almost 3yo granddaughter too and she can handle the PSP better than the 4yo and can use an iPhone better than me!

-xoxo-
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM

I've been thinking about getting my dd (she'll be 3 in Oct) a Leapster. 

2littledaisies
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM

i got my 3yo DD a mobigo for her birthday and she loved it .. it did eventually die on us though. it won't power on any more :( ..im debating if i want to get her another one for christmas because she has like 3 games for it.

Rosesandlilys
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:06 PM

My son has an iPod touch and a Laptop (hes 3, and no its not a new laptop its my OLD one).

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM
I've learned this to be true. Maybe get a Nintendo DS Lite. It's the original, not as expensive and lots of kids games that are educational.

Quoting fairy_fan:

My 4yo granddaughter got a PSP for her birthday.  There are plenty of kids games for it.  Might as well get that now instead of buying a "baby toy" now and in a couple of years getting the PSP.  

And yes, I am sure that a 3yo could handle it.  I have an almost 3yo granddaughter too and she can handle the PSP better than the 4yo and can use an iPhone better than me!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:10 PM

oh I know. My 2 year old can completely navigate my NDSi XL. I just dont want to get her anything too expensive because she has broken our NDS twice. Thank god for warranty.

Quoting fairy_fan:

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I have never heard of that one before. What is it?

Quoting 2littledaisies:

i got my 3yo DD a mobigo for her birthday and she loved it .. it did eventually die on us though. it won't power on any more :( ..im debating if i want to get her another one for christmas because she has like 3 games for it.

Mamacruz13
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I have the same question because my son turns 3 in Feb and have been thinking of getting him something similar for Christmas. So bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)