Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sending your kid to school with pepper spray?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM
  • 10 Replies
My friend just posted this on facebook in response to an article about locals seeing suspicious persons loitering near school bus stops. Her son is almost 5 and she sends him to school with pepper spray. I understand the need to keep your child safe but don't schools have a rule against bringing weapons?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I would think so and I would assume that he would get into a LOT of trouble if he was caught with it.

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Oh wow lol. Crazy.

I have one on my keychain lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Can a 5 year old really handle it in an energency?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danijean
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:01 PM
She should be at the bus stop with him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sojourner.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Quoting danijean:

fairy_fan
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM

I wouldn't.  What if he accidently sprays it and causes problems for another child?  How about just being at the bus stop with her child or taking him to school herself?

DixieDarlin76
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I don't send my daughter with pepper spray because it is a weapon.  I do however send her to school with a travel size spray can of either spray on deodorant or aerosol hairspray.  Both have a similar affect to pepper spray but are not against policy.

PurplePieguy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Yep, he can be expelled for bringing that if he gets caught with it...this would be the worst case scenario.

PurplePieguy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Why doesn't she stay at the bus stop with him?

DixieDarlin76
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Quoting danijean:

There are times when it is not possible to be at the bus stop with your kid.  Thankfully my husband and I work shifts that make it possible for one of us to take her to school (usually me).  However, there is one day a week that neither of us can take her (we both work 7-4 on that day).  So she has to get on the bus herself (it gets here at 6:50 in the morning--and we work too far away to be able to stay with her and make it to work on time).  Thankfully our next door neighbor has said that she can ride with her and her kids on those days.  Sadly though not everyone has any of those options.

I am proud to be from the South - where tea is sweet and accents are sweeter; summer starts in April; front porches are wide and words are long; mac and cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie is a staple; Y’all is the only proper pronoun; chicken is fried and biscuits come w/ gravy; everything is darling and someone is always getting their heart blessed. Have a good day y'all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)