• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know this is THE place to go for carseat info/advice so.... *ETA*

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:07 PM
  • 24 Replies

I want to get a graco snugride one... the one with a teddy bear on it but it's like $150. My friend's sister works at toys r us and could use her discount for me or I could try to get my mom to buy it for me....... I'm so broke it's not even funny and this morning I was like oh shit we only have like 2 1/2 months to get EVERYTHING.

So now I'm looking at other carseats. So now I'm looking at the safety 1st comfy carry seats because they are only $90 and with my friend's sister's discount that is waaaayyy more affordable. 

I know everyone is mostly about the weight range on seats but I plan on putting him in a convertable seat once he can sit well enough to be put in a grocery cart so I'm not too worried about the weight limit. Sooooo the main question here is, does it really matter if I buy the cheap one (as far as safety is concerned)? or should I really really try to get together money for the graco? I still want the graco because it's cuter but I can deal with whatever as long as we have a car seat

Thanks for all of the advice and tips so far. I found this one on teh Kmart website that's $72, I'll post the link if anyone wants to look at it. So far it looks like the best deal *for me* because I want one that comes with the pop-in base and doesn't have obnoxious patterns on it. The only reason I want an infant carrier at all is because I HATE trying to get a newborn out of the carseat.... they are so floppy, and I switch to convertable when they can sit because I HATE lugging around teh infant carrier. I'm a difficult person I guess. BUT the good thing is, I already have 3 nice convertable seats because when I DID have money I was obsessed with buying carseats for some strange reason..... compulsive shopping I think.

here's the seat I have decided to get unless something better comes up -

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_024W896136110001P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rosesandlilys
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:10 PM

This is my PERSONAL opinion, its not based on fact just what I think. I would get the cheaper one. The "cheaper" option is still more on the expensive side of carseats, but before buying either, go online and see if you can find reveiws on them. If the reveiws are ridiculously bad, then buy the more expensive one, if not, then I dont see why you couldnt buy the cheaper option.

CutieBoysMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:51 PM

bump

minimom11107
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I'd but the cheaper one if you plan on replacing it with a convertible. I agree that you should read the reviews though. $90 is still a slightly expensive seat so I'm sure it's still a good quality and safe product.

mochasista
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:56 PM
That's what I would do, and it dosent sound like you're planing on using for very long anyway.

Quoting Rosesandlilys:

This is my PERSONAL opinion, its not based on fact just what I think. I would get the cheaper one. The "cheaper" option is still more on the expensive side of carseats, but before buying either, go online and see if you can find reveiws on them. If the reveiws are ridiculously bad, then buy the more expensive one, if not, then I dont see why you couldnt buy the cheaper option.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I would buy a convertible seat, and use that from birth.

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/1365600/view/1/type/png/width/178/height/178/black-hoser-sweatshirt_design.png

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Car seats are the one thing I don't buy cheap.  Do you think your mom can help out?  Seems like grandma would if she could, I would ask her first.

CutieBoysMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:05 PM

hmmmm Kmart has a graco snugride for $72 and the reviews on the site are all good

Randi02
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I would not go with the Graco Snugride.

If you have no money, why pay so much for a seat that is not even that great? There are a lot more options out there.

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/1365600/view/1/type/png/width/178/height/178/black-hoser-sweatshirt_design.png

NotSoTypical
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM
Get the cheap one, your baby can't see how cute it is. The cheaper ones aren't less safe, with the more expensive ones you're just paying more for the name that's on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:16 PM
Have you looked into the great trade in event at BRU? I think its like 20 or 25% off if you bring in an old baby gear item.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)