Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can anyone help me?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

I know, I know ya'll arent dr's, but my dr.'s arent helping me and im really sick. but maybe if someone went threw this, they can give me some advice on self help.

Im 22 weeks pregnant. I have gestational diabetes. Ive lost 23lbs. I have ketones in my urine. Im following the 1800 calorie diet they gave me. my sugars are perfect besides small morning highs. I have a high pulse since 5 weeks pregnant, just started getting low blood pressure. I have trouble walking short distance without getting short of breath and passed out the other day in walmart parking lot and had to be rushed to the ER.  ER and labor and delivery fight over who needs to see me. ER doesnt want to treat me because im pregnant and L&D doesnt want to treat me because they dont think its baby related and baby is okay. OB told me last week that my body is starving and no wonder why i am so sick, but I eat and cant walk or anything so i dont understand why i am starving. each day i am getting sicker and sicker and I dont know what to do. I called obgyn yesterday crying because I cant even take a shower. they said they would call me back, but never did. My diabetes nurse keeps calling them and telling them how sick i am and they ignore her. I have a new OBGYN but cant start seeing them until october 5th. ER says if i dont get better to go see them again, but all they do is diagnose me with the above, give me fluids, tell me to not do anything and send me home to follow up with obgyn. I feel so lost, here i am sick and passing out and no one wants to help me. Im so lost and I dont know what my body is doing. i dont know what to do with myself. Im on the verge of a mental break down. My husband is in basic and cant help me and i have a daughter to take care of and just getting her ready for school i have to lay down. I dont live near family that can help me, my dad is an over the road truck driver and my mom has her own issues and I dont prefer her help because it gets her so stressed, she gets mad at me. all other family is 16 hours away by car. I just dont know what to do and honestly I feel like no one is going to help me until im basicly dying. im so scared and I dont know what to do. =[

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lakissakay
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Oh no :( This is so sad. I don't know what I can tell you but hopefully there are some nurses on here that can help!

Nyx7
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Not a clue but here's a hug for you! hugs

Mamacruz13
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Have you contacted your new OB and explained the situation with them? They may be able to get you in faster since you are having so many problems.

Ladygrey76
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Im not sure where u live,but if there is another er,go there,or your primary care dr.keep going until u find someone in the medical proffesion that will actually help you out.I had Toximeia with all my pregnancys.Just keep advicatating for yourself.If one dr is not doing anything,request a diffrerent one..dont let them blow u off..your lives are worth more than them saying go home n rest

MynameisMummy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:19 PM
That is crazy!!! I'm so very sorry! The most I can do is pray for you. I have no idea what it could be. As the pr said hopefully there are some kind nurses on here that can help you!! I wish you well!! BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YoursTruely06
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:20 PM

yeah i hope so too. they keep telling me im starving, but im following the 1800 calorie diet and if i eat more then that my sugars get too high. how can someone be starving if they are eating? it makes no sence and they dont tell me how to help myself if i am starving. but thanks so much!

Quoting lakissakay:

Oh no :( This is so sad. I don't know what I can tell you but hopefully there are some nurses on here that can help!

MynameisMummy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:21 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YoursTruely06
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:22 PM

yeah i had pre eclampsia with my daughter. that is scary!!! luckily i dont show any signs of that this time, but am getting something a whole lot different

Quoting Ladygrey76:

Im not sure where u live,but if there is another er,go there,or your primary care dr.keep going until u find someone in the medical proffesion that will actually help you out.I had Toximeia with all my pregnancys.Just keep advicatating for yourself.If one dr is not doing anything,request a diffrerent one..dont let them blow u off..your lives are worth more than them saying go home n rest

YoursTruely06
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:24 PM

They can set me up with a nurse until i can see a dr. but I already have a nurse and nurses cant do much for my situation. there is so much my nurse threw alere wishes she could do for me, but without dr's approval they cant try to help me.

Quoting Mamacruz13:

Have you contacted your new OB and explained the situation with them? They may be able to get you in faster since you are having so many problems.

princessputter
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:32 PM

add more proteins to your diet...  I too lost weight during my pregnancy because of gestational... at each meal add an extra 2 to 4 ounces of protein.. a big spoon full of peanutbutter..... a hand full of pistachios... or almonds... small amount of beans... small peice of chicken.... maybe make some protein smoothies...good luck momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)