• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

aquarianpath needs your prayers! update from her (GOOD NEWS)

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:14 PM
  • 661 Replies

Serena may be going home tomorrow!

I DONT CARE WHO HATES WHO AND WHO LIKES WHO!! THIS WOMAN NEEDS OUR PRAYERS SO KEEP THIS BUMPED!

ladies she needs your prayers. her baby serena was taken to nicu this morning. she couldnt breathe and her temp was high. i'll update when i get news

here's her post announcing the birth of the baby

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/14945976/update_on_aquarianpath_prayers_needed?last#last

The baby isn't feeding very well and she hasn't talked the dr yet. AP was discharged and is home trying to get a little sleep, she is running on empty, and she hasnt gotten any sleep since Monday. She'll be back at the hospital in a little while, so pray there will be good news.

Serena passed meconium in utero and inhaled it without anyone knowing it until later. Apparently this is common in post term deliveries. Her DH called the hospital and the baby is doing okay, she's active and her color is normal. She still can't eat and breathe at the same time. That's all I have for right now. AP said thank you, each and every one, for your prayers.

Quoting AquarianPath:

Well, this sucks....

Seems in the small amount of time from when I was there to now (my husband is there now) things went south. They keep a score card on her symptoms and the severity of the symptoms. The higher the score, the worse it is.

Well, she went from a 7 to a 9 in scoring. I'll have more info when my husband gets home.

I can't stand being home and away from her. I don't know what to do with myself, but someone has to stay here with the boys and the neighbors aren't able to watch them tonight.

1:54 AM-I saw on facebook that serena will be in the NICU for a few days. that's all I have right now.

10:39am- I FOUND THIS ON HER FACEBOOK THIS MORNING:

I'm so incredibly pleased to update on serenas IMPROVEMENTS!! She is doing A LOT better today. Fever is down, she's sleeping better. Talked to the dr. And he's confident she will continue to do well and come home in a couple of days!

I saw where she updated here too so here's that one as well

Quote:

I am so so SOOOOOOOOOO happy to report her improvments are significant enough today that she will get to come home in a couple of days as long as she progresses like she has been and continues doing well. Her fever is down,color is better,breathing is smoother, and she's actually able to sleep now.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mermaidmommy11
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:16 PM

BUMP!

Mommi_Rey
Sending prayers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jodyann2
Oh prayers are coming!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Sad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Prayers coming from my family!

Aislinn

Oh, no!! I just saw the pictures.. I hope Serena is ok!

MyasMommy463

BUMP!

Chaotic_Rayne

OMGOSH!
Sending positive thoughts!
I hope her baby is going to be OK!

.Pagan.

positive vibes sent their way!!

hudson.maggie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Prayers coming from my family!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)