Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lazy baby or developing slow?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok, so I am wondering this about DD because of DS having ASD. She is 6 months old and refuses to roll over unless its in her sleep. I know she can do it, she's done it a couple times and clearly she can if she does it in her sleep but everytime I put her on her belly on the floor (since about 1 week old) she just throws a fit and cries and doesn't do anything except the "swimming" look (kicks feet and flails arms). I helped her push up on her arms yesterday and she put her knees under her and rocked, but she wont push up on her own very often. She sits up on her own, holds her bottle, and babbles, getting 2 bottom teeth in, jumps in her jumper but she just wont roll or push herself up. I don't know if she's just being lazy or is learning that slow. What do you ladies think?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Lazy. Try not to compare your kids lol. You will convince yourself there is something wrong and it will just stress you out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.mysweetmelissa
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:24 PM

If she can do it in her sleep, she can do it awake, she may just not want to.  She's only 6 months, give her time. 

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Give her time.

Katenemsmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM
She just does not want to. Don't worry about it. Remember the range of normal is vast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crysnjosh
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Thanks. I just worry that she will end up like DS and it's hard, I can't imagine how to handle 2 even though i would do my best. I'm still new at this mom of 2 thing with a spec needs child so I am still trying to get used to it and figure out how to handle both at the same time, so sometimes I feel like her not doing some stuff is my fault cause I can't spend all my time in the floor with her and it makes me feel guilty. But, I am doing my best and tell myself that everyday and my kids are happy and taken care of so I try not to beat myself up over it. I figure it just takes time to adjust and figure out how to handle both as DS requires alot of attention and so does DD. DS just LOVES his sister though and she loves it when he plays in the floor with her so I figure she will learn some stuff from him long the way. I like it that they can play somewhat now cause I can cook dinner or clean without having baby in tow lol. She has realized she has feet now too and chews them all the time lmao how cute is that? :)

Bknotnobody
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Lazy. My son is NOW 8 months old and rolling from his back to his belly. He would do this whole, cry thing if he didn't want to be on his back. So I would help him, by guiding him to do it himself. Now he does it on his own.

Before though I'd just flip him right over. Shame on me, I know, I know. After a few times, of guiding him, and/or just letting him cry til he did it, now he does it on his own.

Mamacruz13
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Quoting ladyraven16:

Lazy. Try not to compare your kids lol. You will convince yourself there is something wrong and it will just stress you out.

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:21 PM

My youngest son was the laziest out of 5 that little boy didn't want to do anything until he was ready.Don't rush it you will appreciate this time so much more...lol! Especially when she into the crawling stage.

Quoting crysnjosh:

Thanks. I just worry that she will end up like DS and it's hard, I can't imagine how to handle 2 even though i would do my best. I'm still new at this mom of 2 thing with a spec needs child so I am still trying to get used to it and figure out how to handle both at the same time, so sometimes I feel like her not doing some stuff is my fault cause I can't spend all my time in the floor with her and it makes me feel guilty. But, I am doing my best and tell myself that everyday and my kids are happy and taken care of so I try not to beat myself up over it. I figure it just takes time to adjust and figure out how to handle both as DS requires alot of attention and so does DD. DS just LOVES his sister though and she loves it when he plays in the floor with her so I figure she will learn some stuff from him long the way. I like it that they can play somewhat now cause I can cook dinner or clean without having baby in tow lol. She has realized she has feet now too and chews them all the time lmao how cute is that? :)

crysnjosh
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I am enjoying her non mobile stage right now lol cause I know once she starts crawling it's going to get harder chasing her and DS around everyday lol. I just ffind myself wondering sometimes if she is like DS. But, by the time he was 6 months I knew he was different and she doesn't seem to be the same way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)