Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear President Obama.... kids get arthritis too

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

http://www.arthritis.org/ask.php

Please no drama or bashing. I only post this as a psa and to get the word out about juvenile arthritis and other forms of auto immune arthritis. This is a cause that is close to my heart because I have RA and feel that lots of times where it's all lumped together people see the milder forms and think this is what arthritis is and they see osteo arthritis that affects mainly older people and sometimes just one or two joints and think this is arthritis.

well it's not the only form of arthritis. it can affect children to young adults and just one or two joints if caused by age or stress to several or most of them if ra or juvenile arthritis. We need more awareness and funding.

again no drama or bashing this is not an endorsement of obama just a psa addressed to him to appeal for funding so no bashing please.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:59 PM

bump

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:05 PM

bump

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:09 PM

bump

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:12 PM

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM

thank you. I suffered as a toddler daily. I have JRA and all i remember was pain... lots of pain...

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I didn't develop RA until i was 30 and i suffer with it now and can't seem to get it  under control. i had no clue about arthritis until i got it and no clue how bad it could be. when i watch these videos and see children suffering so it breaks my heart especially when it doesn't seem to get the attention it needs. I hope you have it under control now. 

Quoting brettsmomma:

thank you. I suffered as a toddler daily. I have JRA and all i remember was pain... lots of pain...

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:28 PM

bump

Sandyr911
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:41 PM

I had JRA...it suxs.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2011 at 10:55 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)