Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommas with boys!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:02 PM
  • 24 Replies
Do you have any potty training tips?? Im having the hardest time getting DS to go potty in the toilet and not his underwear!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugareemommee
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:03 PM

stay consistent with a lot of positive reinforcement, no pull ups during the day.  how old is he?  my guy basically did it all on his own, he was very determined I was so lucky. 

-42-
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Cheerio target practice.

Put blue food coloring in the toilet, it will turn green when he pees in it.

If possible, let him pee outside. On trees, on grass, whatever. My oldest finally started doing it after he got to pee off of the porch one day(we lived out in BFE).

Berkley
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Bump--my son is only 9 weeks old so I'm not there yet lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mochasista
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:07 PM
I can't get mine to poop in the potty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queenmary1o1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM
bump my son will be two in nov I dont know il still trying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedwitluv
Me either...he can pee like a champ but he won't poop....his brother was sooo easy to potty train though...

Quoting mochasista:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennR1986
Hes 2.. I tried cheerios and he didnt care about it.. And we have lots of neighbors so i cant let him pee outside.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I let my son go naked for two weeks and put the potty chair in the living room. Every Time he made it he got one chocolate kiss and we made a HUGE deal.. We had a pee pee dance.. Poop was a little harder but he accomplished that also.

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I couldn't either. for almost a year after he was pee trained. I got a tip and tried it and THREE DAYS LATER HE WAS TRAINED. Sounds silly but i swear it worked.. you make him sit on the toilet when he has to poop.(we all know the signs lol) at first you allow him to poop in his pull up/and or underwear. let that go on for a week just make sure you sit there and encourage him while he is doing it. then after a week you are supposed to cut a hole big enough for poop in the underwear and have him poop that way. then a week later take it off all together. this was given to me by a OT and my kid did the first step twice before he looked at me and said mom im pooping in my pants can you take them off please. never had one accident since that day. It cost me 425.00 to get that tip but well worth the money!

Quoting mochasista:

stfu

staceysgorbach
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:15 PM

My oldest son was soooooooooo difficult, as where my two other boys were such a breeze. For my two younger ones, i just started putting them in undies and told them they were now big boys and they had to start using the potty, and that was the end of that. But my oldest son was the one that i had to to really stay on top of thngs with. I just made sure to always make him go to the potty 15 minutes after eating and anytime i would hear him become really quiet in the other room. And when he did poop in his undies i would take him to the bathroom and dump the poop from the undies into the toilet and tell him, that is where it goes, not in his undies.I had to make sure i stayed patient with him and consistent.Does your son use the potty at all?

The thing that finally worked was, we went to my dad's for a weekend visit. While there we decided to go to my hometown for a visit. I forgot to grab extra undies for the 20 minute trip. While there we were waiting outside for my aunt to return, and he used it on himself. So we had to take that 20 minute trip back to my dad's house. And i kept telling my son, it wasd ok and he keot saying "no it's not momma" When we got back to my house two days later, he went a week after that without using it period, except peeing on the potty. Finally he started having stomach cramps and i made him sit on the potty till he pooped and that was the end of the pooping in undies. I don't recommend that to anyone, but that is what broke him of that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)