• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working as a nanny for 5$ an hr?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM
  • 31 Replies

I was looking on Care.com in my area and someone made a post saying 

I am looking for a reliable and experienced nanny to care for my 7-month-old daughter and to get my 6-year-old son on/off the school bus. The hours are normally 7:30 a.m. to between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. I would be able to pay a salary of $200 a week.

And they had monday-friday checked off on the days.  I did the math and that's over 40 hours a week!  If you stayed til 430 that's a 9 hour day so your hourly wage would be less than 5 dollars an hour!!  

Would any of you nanny for that small of a wage?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Hell no.

AjCeCeMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:09 PM
I wouldn't even consider it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I just looked on that site for my area and one lady is looking for full time and $50/hour. Holy crap.

orcadarwin
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:20 PM

I've been a nanny for $300 a month before.  I also babysat another child for $50 a week.  So, yeah, I probably would do it, if I didn't have my own family to look after.  I would be willing to babysit now for $50 a week, just can't get anyone to take me up on it.

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:21 PM

You don't live in CT do you? lol

Quoting orcadarwin:

I've been a nanny for $300 a month before.  I also babysat another child for $50 a week.  So, yeah, I probably would do it, if I didn't have my own family to look after.  I would be willing to babysit now for $50 a week, just can't get anyone to take me up on it.

mochasista
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto_3

I would take it for 200 a week!  thats 200 more than im making now staying at home and looking for a job!

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM

If it was a friends kid or something??  Maybe...  But a random person probably no!  Unless *I* was desperate for work then possibly.  Lol.

tdoubleday04
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I'm a Sahm, so I would def do it!  moeny is money and I am a firm believer in once you have 2 children,  the more you add to it is the same story different chapter...no biggie for me. 

Samanthamommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM

If that was the only way I could make $ and I absolutely needed it, I would. Otherwise, absolutely not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)