Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? *this isn't personal either*

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

If you were homeless and had no where to go and you had a child to take care of but couldn't would you temporarily give your child up until you find a place to stay? Or would you rather have the child be with you?

This is just a question nothing personal on my end. I just know of someone who is going through this, and honestly not really sure what I would do in the situation either

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
.Pagan.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:12 PM

if i was with my husband then i would sign temporary power of attorney papers with my MIL and she would take care of him until we got on our feet. if i was not with my husband then i would sign the temp POA with him and have him take care of our son until i got back on my feet. i really couldn't take my son with me when i had no where to go if i could help it.

-42-
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:15 PM

I would let my kid/s live with my parents or someone close to me until I could provide for them. 

As hard as that would be for me to do, I could not live with myself knowing that he/she didn't HAVE to be on the streets.

Samanthamommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I would have the child be with me and go to a shelter.

If I couldn't go to a shelter, and had to live in the cold, under a tree, with no food, etc... I would try to find a reliable person to watch my children (IE: sister, mom, etc...). I don't know what I would do if I didn't have anyone to watch my kids, didn't have any shelter, food, warmth, etc...

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM

If I was homeless I know one of my family members or friends would let me stay with them, But if by chance I couldnt live with anyone, I would let my DD stay with a close family member or friend, with the condition that I will get her back as soon as I am back on my feet and I can still visit and see my DD while I am looking for a place to live

Landonsmom0710
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:21 PM

If i was on the street then my kids would stay with someone. I wouldn't be able to stand the thought of my kids hungry or cold. Me is one thing but never my kids. But if i was in a shelter where they were properly fed then they would be with me.

Rylan2009
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Yeah this girl says she has no family that will take her in and her husbands family will only let him stay. So she would probably have to let CPS take her son temporarily until she got on her feet, and even thats a little risky. I feel bad for them, but i thought it was an interesting topic to bring up.

kimsamomof3
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:23 PM
If I was absolutely broke, homeless, no food, then I would. But I do know that we could live with relatives if Ed had to.. Is this about the woman that left her child with MIL while the moved far away? In that kind of instance no I wouldn't leave my child behind at all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)