Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should this bother me?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:52 PM
  • 18 Replies

I arranged a playdate today with a young mom that lives on my block.  Her son and my b.fs son are the same age.  Its a  nice day out.  James was excited, this isnt our first time hanging out with them.  I figured let him have fun since he spends the weekend with my b.fs parents (which has to be boring as hell for a 3 year old).  He was over there for a few hours so i look out my window and I dont see them outside,  I wait another hour, they still arent out there.  I was like Ok, its like almost 80 degrees today, its beautiful out they should be outside, something might be wrong.  So I go over there.  And I find a ton of junk food surrounding them and Toy Story 2 in the middle of the living room while toy story 3 was playing,  Which by the way James is scared of Toy Story 3.  That doll and freaks him out.  But he was covered in hershey kiss's and had cheese doodle stains all over his little fingers and all hyped up on soda.  I was like NOOOO.  Im not saying I dont let him have any of that, I do, but just in moderation not all in one shot, especially since halloween is coming up.  I feel like she should of asked me first before stuffing his face like that.  And to top it off TS3 made him cry :(. 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danielle115
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:56 PM

How old is he?

To be honest, it sounds more like you asked her to babysit than have a playdate. If that was the case, you really can't get mad about her choice of activities. Maybe she was busy and had to put the tv on? I don't know many kids who would be scared by the movie either, so you can blame her for that.

The snacks weren't the best, but next time just let her know or don't send him. It's not worth holding a grudge.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM

sorry i don't see the issue.

gemikris82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM

i wont hold a grudge.  i just thought that if you had someone elses kid i would ask permission before feeding them junk food.  i know i would

malissaL
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:02 PM

no. 

sounds like he had fun lmbo

gemikris82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:02 PM

hes all hyped up.   Sorry grandma

stellarmom1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:06 PM
I agree, sounds less like a play ate and more like she was babysitting. Next time have them at your house or meet them at a park.

Quoting danielle115:

How old is he?

To be honest, it sounds more like you asked her to babysit than have a playdate. If that was the case, you really can't get mad about her choice of activities. Maybe she was busy and had to put the tv on? I don't know many kids who would be scared by the movie either, so you can blame her for that.

The snacks weren't the best, but next time just let her know or don't send him. It's not worth holding a grudge.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stellarmom1
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:06 PM
* playdate

Quoting stellarmom1:

I agree, sounds less like a play ate and more like she was babysitting. Next time have them at your house or meet them at a park.

Quoting danielle115:

How old is he?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Manaroo
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Eh, I wouldn't  be very happy about somebody stuffing my kid full of junk, but I wouldn't be angry about it either.  Lesson learned, next time have the kid over to your house.  Or try meeting at the park or somewhere else for a playdate.  I'm sure the other mom figured it would be a treat for them to watch a movie and have some snacks. 

bellaamore
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:09 PM

this

Quoting danielle115:

How old is he?

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:11 PM

and he could have allergies...so i always ask parents before feeding another child....regardless.  But other than that a toy story marathon isn't so bad.  maybe they got hot and tired of playing outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)