Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween Costume ideas and help please!!!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:52 PM
  • 49 Replies

Okay so we are really really tight on money this year and I cant afford halloween costumes for my 3 kids. I looked at walmart and the cheapest costumes were like $15 apiece but that adds up with 3 kids. So does anyone have any ideas of costumes I could do that woud be really cheap or even using items that I might have around the house? I have a 5 yr old son, 3 1/2 year old daughter, and 2 year old daughter.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gcstar42
by Shara on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:55 PM

bump

kayandjsmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:56 PM

BUMP!

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:56 PM
I just bought my dd a Minnie mouse costume at goodwill for $7
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheeks09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:57 PM

bump :o)

kayandjsmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Scarecrow: Over sized flannel shirt, faded blue jeans with patches, rope for belt and to tie at the cuffs of his jeans and sleeves, stuff the shirt and jeans with plastic grocery, or paper, a little bit of straw to hang out of jeans and shirt. Add a little bit of make-up.

kayandjsmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Mummy
Wrap yourself in white bandages (rolls of gauze) Use splotches of green paint for "mold". Use white make-up on face with "age lines" drawn on. The stiff-legged gait works perfectly. From: Chris

AjCeCeMom
Do you have a once upon a child? They have some you just need to go early, best to go now or late September.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom

Pirate
Form a fake aooden leg by wrapping your bad one in brown felt. Wear sailor pants or jeans with a striped top. Tie a bandana around your head, wear an eye patch, carry an empty bottle marked XXX (for the "rum") and mutter "aargh" a lot. Ask for "Trick or treat, matey!" From: Chris

gcstar42
by Shara on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM

I didn't think of checking at goodwill. I will have to do that. Ours doesn't usually have very much stuff that is good but occasionally I will find something.

Quoting crwspringer:

I just bought my dd a Minnie mouse costume at goodwill for $7

kayandjsmom

I'm getting these from a website.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)