Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All Professional Photographers!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:19 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am going into the portrait business with my cousin, and wanted some recommendations on prefessional or good cameras...My cousin loves his Nikon D80 and loves it..What do you ladies use?

I am a 28 year old wife and mother to 3 amazing, adorable little boys. I am also a step mother to 2 magnificant teenagers ages 18, and 14. There are 4 boys and one girl. Becoming a mother was the best thing that has happend to me. I am currently in school to be a medical coder. My goal is to become a Certified Professional Medical Auditor. My husband is a real estate agent and special finance manager for a car lot..We might not have everything we want but we have enough love that material things dont matter!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunachick1974
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:30 PM

I'm not a professional photographer but my husband is. He swears by cannon. I guess all cannon lenses, flashes and such are interchangeable with each other. I don't know about other brands.

MamaBridges09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Quoting Lunachick1974:

I'm not a professional photographer but my husband is. He swears by cannon. I guess all cannon lenses, flashes and such are interchangeable with each other. I don't know about other brands.

Thanks...Does your husband have a website with some of his work?

I am a 28 year old wife and mother to 3 amazing, adorable little boys. I am also a step mother to 2 magnificant teenagers ages 18, and 14. There are 4 boys and one girl. Becoming a mother was the best thing that has happend to me. I am currently in school to be a medical coder. My goal is to become a Certified Professional Medical Auditor. My husband is a real estate agent and special finance manager for a car lot..We might not have everything we want but we have enough love that material things dont matter!

amanda357
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:07 PM
My friends are both professionals and one uses canon and the other nikon. Both camera's take great pics but I think it has to do with the person, not the camera.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM
What camera do you use now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunachick1974
by Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:25 PM

scottperham.com

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I will ask my hubby for you.  He loves to help fellow photographers.

Quoting MamaBridges09:

Quoting Lunachick1974:

Thanks...Does your husband have a website with some of his work?

ColtsFan1912
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:26 PM

hmmm have you taken any classes or anything? I don't mean to be a witch but before going into a business it's good to take a few classes. a nice camera doesn't make one a photographer

that being said i like Nikons myself but am no where near a pro

SlingsAndThings
by RissaBusch on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Well, how much experience do you have shooting with a DSLR?  What are you currently shooting with?

littlebabybliss
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM

A D80 is not a professional camera. A D90 is still not a professional camera but is better, because of it's sensor, among other things.

Please don't refer to yourself as a professional until (until you have practiced and been successful in business) ten years from now, you will just look silly, sorry.

littlebabybliss
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Also take a look at ilovephotography.com

Very useful place, you will get real feedback and real knowledge.

randomosityblog
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I like my canon rebel xs but I don't think the camera makes the photos. It's the photographer. I know many who have used cheap point and shoots and do GREAT pics. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)