Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can Someone Help Me Find It?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:19 PM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: WHere do you think my rum is?

Options:

The checker never rang it up

The checker rang it up but I left the bag

I never really bought any rum

Just use the vodka that you have stashed for emergencies

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

I lost my rum!

WHen I went grocery shopping, I bought a small bottle of Bacardi Rum for my banana bread.  It was only a couple dollars and I didn't want a whole bottle.

I got home and put all the groceries away and can not find the rum anywhere. 

It's very irritating not the least because I had to wait for clerk to come over and unlock the mini bottle cabinet to buy it.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Look at your receipt first before tearing up the house.

Check the car.

sllytnkrbl
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:24 PM

I go with other, it rolled out of the bag and can be found in your car where it is keeping itself hidden until you truly need it for yourself and not for the banana bread, the rum has decided that the extract is fine for a baked product and refuses to have itself subjected to being mixed and beaten into batter and then endure extreme heat to be consumed only after all of it's benefits have been baked away.   The rum feels it should be given the chance to achieve it's goal and be drunk and enjoyed thouroughly by an adult in it's natural state - right out of the bottle poured into a cup over ice.

Shaken1976
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I bought milk once and left it at the store...  I was mad.  I got home and had no milk for dd.  I had to go back...then I had to argue with the manager to get my milk.  My cashier had left for the day...and he wanted to know how I could prove I was the one who left the milk.  I showed him my reciept...he said I could have just left the milk at home.

NikkiDoll
by Nicole on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM

idk...bump!!

Samanthamommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Maybe they rang it up, and didn't bag it, left it where the stuff piles up to be bagged, and it got overlooked? Look at your receipt?

Lacey_leo
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I'm guessing it's still in the car.

highlandmum
by Spunky Dancer on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Check odd places, like your freezer, under your seats of your car, your trunk of your car, fridge. 

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Okay, the car is the only place I haven't searched at great length. I opened the gate and didn't see it.

The weird thing is I bought a bottle of wine, too.  WHen I put the wine in my cart, I asked her if the rum was in there.  She nodded, yes, I assumed.

I put the wine away already.  I even dug the grocery sacks out of the garbage(YUM! LOL) to see if it got tossed.  Nope.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:17 PM

WOw that is some awesome customer service!  LOL
Was it WalMart?

Quoting Shaken1976:

I bought milk once and left it at the store...  I was mad.  I got home and had no milk for dd.  I had to go back...then I had to argue with the manager to get my milk.  My cashier had left for the day...and he wanted to know how I could prove I was the one who left the milk.  I showed him my reciept...he said I could have just left the milk at home.

Katenemsmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:18 PM
It rolled out and is somewhere in your car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)