Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i say something?? about my SOs neice

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
She is about 6 or so and she asked me yesterday why chavo (her dad) wears boxers. The whole time she was rubbing her vagina standing in front of me. I told her not to touch herself like that. She asked why and I told her people aren't supposed to touch their private parts like that she laughed and kept doing it.
Her mom was at work. Her dad was in the other room and my so was outside.
Then I was leaving and my SOS sister is about 7 and she hugged her and started licking her chest moving her tongue up and down like...just gross...I told her not to do that and again she asked why...I told her not to put her tongue on anyone.
I told my so about it and he said to just leave it alone....
Her mom dad older brother, 8, little brother, 5 months, all share one room. I don't think she is learning this from nothing. I'm not really close to her mom but we have talked about personal things before. I just feel like I should tell her something but my so says its not my business. Should I just leave it alone? It's to a point that I feel uncomfortable with her around my 14 month old.
But my SIS in law brother in law and mil along with all their kids live in one house. So its not like we can just stop going over because of the little girl.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
futureshock
by Emerald Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I would tell your so to say something or you won't be going over there with your child.

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I would say something. That really isn't appropriate behavoir. I mean I know kids will explore their own bodies and that is fine; but doing it in front of others and continuing when asked to stop; that is right.

pipers_mom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I would say something. If YOU don't want to say anything, then tell SO to deal with it, and until he does don't take your kid over there. It's that simple.

LindAngeLevi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Quoting futureshock:

I would tell your so to say something or you won't be going over there with your child.

I think I will have my so talk to his brother. It's very uncomfortable there with her.
I'm not sure he will since its a weird topic but hopefully he will. I just feel like they won't take it seriously or like its not that big of a deal.
LindAngeLevi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Quoting pipers_mom:

I would say something. If YOU don't want to say anything, then tell SO to deal with it, and until he does don't take your kid over there. It's that simple.

I know its just that his dad us coming from Mexico this Friday and he hadn't seen him in 6 years. I know he is going to want to go over with the baby a lot. Also his mom is our only baby sitter. She has only watched the baby about 4 times. We don't go over a lot though but since his dad is coming I know I can't just say we are staying away.
hautemama83
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Quoting futureshock:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)