Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does Your Kid Like To Do Puzzles??

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:37 PM
  • 25 Replies

Just curious.

Naeem is 4 and loves puzzles.  Especially those with 100+ pieces in them.  Anyway today he went to get screened to see if he qualifies for special needs prek.  Well they had a few people during the screening to observe Naeem playing and his speech.  They asked him what does he like to do best during his free time.  We told them puzzles.  Well the lady takes out these puzzles that are like 10 pieces.  He says 'you got to be kidding me, that's a baby puzzle!'  Lol.  So she asks about the puzzles he does.  She was shocked when I told her he loves 100+ piece puzzles!  He sat down yesterday morning and put a 150 pc puzzle all by himself.  It took him approximately 45 minutes.  :)  So much for that so called attention span they are claiming he has "adhd" uhh those who know Naeem's situation knows my feelings regarding that.  But that's not the purpose of this post.  I'm curious if anyone else here has a child his age that LOVES puzzles??

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sam12796
by Sandy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Yes my four year old DD loves them. She also likes the 100+ piece ones. She turned 4 about 3 weeks ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMsMommy212
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Madd is 3 1/2 and does the 24 piece ones easily by himself.. I havent tried anything higher yet. But yes.. he loves puzzles

seffiepoo
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:39 PM

my 5,4, and 3 yr.olds all love puzzles. The 4 yr. old likes the big ones too :)

AHmom103
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Ashley isn't quite 4, but she loves puzzles. She can't do ones that big though. She's still in the 12-25 pieces group....I was "diagnosed" with ADHD when I was about 6, and when they took me to the doctor to get checked, they decided that rather than needing spec. ed. I needed the gifted program...sometimes kids who are too advanced for their age have the same symptoms, like no attention span, etc.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Jamie loves puzzles too. The ones where u just match the piece to the correct shape are too easy for him, so I have been trying to find harder ones that aren't too many pieces.

kaidensmommy09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:42 PM

my 2 year old loves puzzles.. the hardest one we've ever attempted was like 24 pieces tho

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Yeah.  My son had a tv to fall on his head last year.  They are 'claiming' the tv triggered adhd  :X  I laugh everytime I think of it...  Smdh!

Quoting AHmom103:

Ashley isn't quite 4, but she loves puzzles. She can't do ones that big though. She's still in the 12-25 pieces group....I was "diagnosed" with ADHD when I was about 6, and when they took me to the doctor to get checked, they decided that rather than needing spec. ed. I needed the gifted program...sometimes kids who are too advanced for their age have the same symptoms, like no attention span, etc.

StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:42 PM
My 4 year old autistic son loves puzzles. He can do 150 but he needs helps with 300.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:43 PM

ds has just gotten into puzzles and I love it!  I loved puzzles as a kid(and still do) and I am waiting for the day we can do a 100+ piece one together.  Ds is 3.5(will be 4 in Dec) and can put a few puzzles together but that big of a puzzle.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:43 PM

That sounds like the puzzles they had today.  It was colors and shapes.  Lmao.  I nearly rolled outta my chair when he told her what he did.  He took after me being sarcastic.

Quoting carterscutie85:

Jamie loves puzzles too. The ones where u just match the piece to the correct shape are too easy for him, so I have been trying to find harder ones that aren't too many pieces.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)