Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Walmart Story

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM
  • 49 Replies

You're at walmart to grab a few items, i.e. the new Beiber cd you had to go to the baby section for wipes (or whatever) when you see a baby (no more than 4 mths) in a cartseat crying her heart out, noone (that you have noticed) was around 

you:

stop take the baby to custmer service and explain the situation

OR 

walk away,  not your baby, not your problem 

(the question maybe obvious, but think about it, you take the child and the parent/guardian of the child happen to see you do this, they may think you're "kidnapping" the baby)

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyofRage
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:55 PM

BUMP!

AHmom103
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Umm. Are those the only options? Because I wouldn't do either. I would stay there for a few minutes until either the parents or a Walmart employee showed up.

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I would stay by the baby for a minute or two to see if the parent arrives. If noone shows I will take the baby to customer service. 

mommymelissa76
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Neither, wait around until I see a store employee and tell them whats going on.

LadyofRage
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM

BUMP!

karla85
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:58 PM
I would do what I've done before, I stand near at a reasonanle distance just to keep an eye on the kid, if no on shows up after a while I push the cart looking for a walmart employe and tell him where I found the kid and how long I waited for someone to show up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danielle115
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Quoting AHmom103:

Umm. Are those the only options? Because I wouldn't do either. I would stay there for a few minutes until either the parents or a Walmart employee showed up.

LadyofRage
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Quoting karla85:

I would do what I've done before, I stand near at a reasonanle distance just to keep an eye on the kid, if no on shows up after a while I push the cart looking for a walmart employe and tell him where I found the kid and how long I waited for someone to show up

hautemama83

Quoting mommymelissa76:

Neither, wait around until I see a store employee and tell them whats going on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TarotMommy
I would hang out near the baby until a parent showed up. Then I'd probably give some unsolicited advice...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)