Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The s***'s about to hit the fan!!! ***Added Resume to OP*** Advice/Critiques???

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:03 PM
  • 31 Replies

In 2008 DH and I both lost our FT jobs, within 2 weeks of each other and right before the holidays. He found a temp job a few months later, but I did not find another job. I had a PT job, so I just continued looking for FT work and we stuck to a strict budget. In spring 2009, DH temp/contract position ended and we were living off of my PT job income and his UI. By the end of the summer, I lost my PT job and went on UI. DH found a PT job the following month(35 hours/week). We lost our house in November, 2009 and moved in with my parents (it helps them out, and us too, but I feel like I am suffocating here!). DH finally found a FT job with great pay, in July. Things were looking up. I am still looking for work, FT, PT, TEMP, I don't care, I need something so we can get out of here!! Anyway, we made plans to be out of my parents house by December, we were paying off bills, etc. Yesterday, DH boss calls him in for a meeting and tells him, that he has proven himself to be an exemplary employee and he appreciates all of DH hard work, but he does not know how long they can keep DH position open. The company is losing money and they are downsizing (the story of life here in California). He told DH he is doing everything he can to keep him. Well today, DH was told that he will have a job until the middle of October, but he should start looking for another job. WTF!!! Why us!? We have a 16 yo DD who has been diagnosed with depression (I know it stems from having to leave the only home she ever knew and move in to a crowded, smaller home where she no longer has her own space, which is one of the main reasons we are trying to get back in our own place), but since DH got this new job, she has been improving, I think she finally saw a light at the end of the tunnel. We also have an 18 yo son who will start his first year of college on 9/27. We cannot afford for DH to lose this job! 

I was in a pissy mood yesterday, after DH told me what was going on at work. I know he needed my support, but I was just so pissed! I feel like every time we take a step forward, we are thrown back 5 steps. I don't know what to do. I apply for so many jobs, I lost track, I've probably applied for the same jobs more than once. I went online (Career Builders) today and low and behold...the same frickin jobs from last week are still posted, nothing new. I am so frustrated! I have my resume out on Monster too and I looked on Craiglist, but they are the same jobs that are on the other 2 websites. I go on the EDD website and there are hardly any listings. The shit is about to hit the fan and I don't know how to stop it!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!

My resume (let me know what you would change, if I spelled anything wrong or made gramatical errors, I will be mortified!! LOL.)...

Christine X. XXXXX

47 XYZ Ave, San Abc, California 90000

(555) 123-3210

devasmomX@email.net

More than 10 years’ successful experience in customer service and support with recognized strengths in account maintenance, problem-solving and troubleshooting, sales staff support, and planning/implementing proactive procedures and systems to avoid problems in the first place. I possess solid computer skills with excellent working knowledge using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook. I have over seven years of demonstrated ability to train, motivate, and supervise customer service employees. I am an experienced, team player, quick learner, reliable, multi-tasking, quality customer service professional. I offer my knowledge and experience with various office machines; copiers, document scanners, fax machines, multi-line telephone systems and printers.

Synopsis of Achievements

In my position with (Previous employer's name), I helped to increase customer retention by effectively communicating customer concerns to upper management, and implementing procedures to increase customer satisfaction. I was the key person in charge of researching and testing potential vendors, resulting in securing quality products to offer clientèle. I created customer logs to track orders by using Excel spreadsheets, drastically reducing potential problems with order turn around service. I assisted in organizing and participated in company activities resulting in boosting employee morale.

Employment

In home Supportive Services- San Abc, CA 1993-2009

In Home Care Provider

• Provide in home care for disabled adult

• Cook meals

• Laundry

• Grocery shopping

• Transportation

• Minor medical care

• Set appointments

Company Name, San Abc, CA 2008

Customer Service/Sales

• Provide customer service to silk screen and embroidery

establishments

• Answer high volume of phone calls

• Sales of wholesale apparel

• Issue RMA for unsatisfied customers

• Work directly with warehouse employees to ensure timely

product delivery

• Responsible for filing sales documents

• Sort and mail customer invoices

• General office duties

Previous Employer, SanAbc, CA 1999-2007

Verifications/Criminal background Department Manager

• Manage six employees in a small office environment

• Provide customer service, answer high volume of incoming

phone calls.

• Tenant Screening; process criminal background investigations,

verify applicant employment and rental history.

• Support sales reps in maintaining accounts and upgrading

existing service.

• Quickly and effectively solve customer challenges.

• Maintain spreadsheets for tracking client orders with emphasis

on quick turnaround service, constantly seeking new ways to

improve customer service by improving on time taken to

complete client orders.

• Train new and existing employees in the knowledge of

department duties and new procedures.

• Monitor telephone calls to ensure representatives provide

quality customer service.

• Worked directly with CEO, and managers of all other

departments to ensure complete customer satisfaction.

• Research and test potential criminal background vendors for

accuracy and reliable turnaround service.

• Communicate effectively with customers, sales staff and other

employees via telephone and email on a daily basis.

Education

Institute for ____, San Abc, CA 1998

• Medical Assistant Program - Certificate of Successful Completion

YBHS, San Abc, California 1989

• General Education- High School Diploma

References Furnished Upon Request

of 6, Godmother to 3 beautiful girls

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devasmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:05 PM

BUMP!

aleciamarie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Is moving out of state an option? 

tihone77
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM

BUMP!

kenziewenzie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Is Career Builder the same as Career Link?

Sorry you are going through all this and having a rough time.  Hope things look better for you soon.

rockinmomto2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I would see if you can move to another state. CA's economy is BAD, as you well know. Other states are doing much better. I'd seriously consider it.

stevynjjsmoma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:11 PM

BUMP!

mes_deux_amours
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM
I'm from ca. I understand whet you are going through.

Have you thought about looking for work out of ca? I know it would suck for dd, but if it's the best thing financially for your family it might be worth a shot.

What does your dh do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvinmy3babes
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:13 PM

so sorry, "hugs mama"

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:14 PM
Try www.indeed.com. They pull from other job boards and always have new jobs posted. I feel for you but hang in there...something has to turn up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:16 PM
Maybe start looking out of state, and consider moving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)