Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You Make the Father or Mother of the Child Have Visitation??

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:03 PM
  • 1 Replies

If the father or mother of the child doesn't want to see or be a part of the child's life, would you make them? For example, the child's mother or father has stated and shown that they don't want to be in the child's life by not visiting them, supporting them, calliing, or anything of the sort. Would you take them to court to get visitations set for them?! I was reading a post in another group (not on cafemom) in regards to this and the women were saying how they took their child's other parent to court to MAKE them spend time with their child since they didn't make them on their own. 

My opinion:

I wouldn't MAKE anyone be in my child's life that doesn't want to be..father or no father! I wouldn't want to subject my child to the feeling of rejection, especially by someone that is supposed to love them unconditionally and be security for them! I also feel that it can be dangerous. I have heard several cases of parents being sued for visitation by the other parent and made to spend time with  a child that they felt was burdening them therefore the child was abused and/or killed. I feel that there is no amount of child support either that can compensate for my child feeling unwanted especially by their own father! I feel that you are setting your child up for lifelong hurt..but that's just MY OPINION.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
owl0210
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Even if you go to court visitation can not be forced onto the non-custodial parent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)