Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just found out

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

that I have ovarian cysts.  I have been having pain since February but last month my cycle was so intense that I decided to go to the dr today and they did ultrasound and found some cysts - one popped recently and she said thats why I was hurting so bad.  I was wondering does anyone have any advice regarding these cysts as I have never been through this but they hurt like you know what.  Thanks.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mamacruz13
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:20 PM

I have only had one and when it ruptured I thought I was dying it was so intense. Did the doctor tell you anything?

lgraff68
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Quoting Mamacruz13:

I have only had one and when it ruptured I thought I was dying it was so intense. Did the doctor tell you anything?

That is the way I felt - it was worse than having a baby.  She is actually putting me on new birth control to see if that will help (as I am having other symptoms as well) and it it doesn't I am going to have a laproscopy done in two months to see if there was anything else wrong.  She didn't say much but to rest as best I could when it was my cycle.

SevysMomma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:24 PM

I know a bunch of people who suffer with them. As far as I know there isn't much that can be done, and they hurt. You want to report pains like that immediately though because I am pretty sure it's very bad if they burst inside of you.

KMAsMommy9182
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), so I can definitely feel your pain.  Unfortunately, there is not a whole bunch they an do for you.  Generally, you don't even know they are there, but sometimes they are painful (usually because it has burst).  The birth control can help, but I would make sure that there are no underlying medical issues (ie PCOS) causing the cysts.

accidental.love
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM

This is what i was going to say. I had 3 burst last week :(

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), so I can definitely feel your pain.  Unfortunately, there is not a whole bunch they an do for you.  Generally, you don't even know they are there, but sometimes they are painful (usually because it has burst).  The birth control can help, but I would make sure that there are no underlying medical issues (ie PCOS) causing the cysts.

lgraff68
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

Thank you - after two months on the new birth control she is going to do another ultrasound and laproscopy to make sure I don't have further medical issues - thank you so much!  I am sorry you are going through this as well.

lgraff68
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Quoting accidental.love:

This is what i was going to say. I had 3 burst last week :(

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

I am sorry you are going through this as I don't know how I would handle 3 bursting - one was enough!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)