• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So freaking annoying!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM
  • 4 Replies

My mom nit-picks, and makes little comments, and it's beyond annoying at this point. For some reason, she has adopted this habit of pointing out what I am eating and saying "That will make you fat." She has said it A LOT to me, and what REALLY gets on my nerves, is she feels the need to say that to me, but she doesn't even eat healthy AT ALL. I at least make an effort! She eats pure junk all the time, and they drink Coca Cola all day, every day. 

Today, I mentioned something about popcorn, and she says "That will make you fat." I went off on her this time, and made it CLEAR I am sick of her saying that. I have told her before, and she just brushed it off, and kept doing it. 

The other day, she walked in to OUR house while we were eating baked potatoes. We had baught the Ragu cheese sauce to go on them. This is the first time we've did this in FOREVER. We RARELY eat them. In fact, we ate one up at HER house prior to that, which is what actually made me decide to buy it, and make baked potatoes to go along with our dinner that week. She walks in and sees us eating them, and says "That will make you fat." UGH!!!! Excuse me? What makes her think she can comment on what I eat? She's been doing this for the last year or so, and I think it's completely RUDE.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Samanthamommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM

She could certainly do it in a nicer, more gentle way, if she's concerned about your weight/health. Are you overweight? Is she?

There was a post similar to this the other day. I commented that if I was concerned with my children gaining weight/eating unhealthy I would say something. However, your situation is strange, since you eat mostly healthy, and she comments everytime she see's you eating something that could be unhealthy.

Good luck, I hope she backs off.

Keva1990
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM

She is over-weight, and even though she eats unhealthy, and does very little to no exercise, she thinks, for some reason, that she's an expert on it. I have no idea why. She seems almost competitive in a way. She's made comments like "I bet I'm in better shape than you are." (Which she is definitely not). I'm not huge, but I am a size 12-14. I had a major problem with my thyroid after my last pregnancy, but it's fine now, and I do exercise, and try to eat healthy. It doesn't seem to be concern, but more of being a know-it-all. 

Quoting Samanthamommy:

She could certainly do it in a nicer, more gentle way, if she's concerned about your weight/health. Are you overweight? Is she?

There was a post similar to this the other day. I commented that if I was concerned with my children gaining weight/eating unhealthy I would say something. However, your situation is strange, since you eat mostly healthy, and she comments everytime she see's you eating something that could be unhealthy.

Good luck, I hope she backs off.

kidkrazyinAK
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:53 PM

do it back to her...

Keva1990
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Oh, and yes, it's every time she sees me eating something less than healthy. Even though I eat healthy a lot. This is coming from a woman who buys BAGS of Hershey's chocolate, pizza, any kind of red meat, chips, chocolate chip cookies, Coca Cola, fried foods etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)