• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone use or ever used omega 3 for thier child? Please give me feedback

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:42 PM
  • 10 Replies
so i have heard about this omega 3 stuff and i read up a little bit on it and it said it can promote positive behavior for kids so thats specifically what i want to know about if anyone has ever used it for that purpose and if it seemed to help.ive already cut red 40 out of my sons diet and have already seen a little bit of a change
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom_since06
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM

All three of us take Barleans Fish Oil Supplement Smoothie every day.

I feel as though it has helped my children with their mood and patience. It's good for so many things, though.

Mom_since06
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM
yea i was reading and its supposed to help numerous things but he has anger issues,very hyper,impatient,agressive,ect but cutting out the red 40 has helped quite a bit already but omega 3 couldent hurt

Quoting alwayskk:

All three of us take Barleans Fish Oil Supplement Smoothie every day.

I feel as though it has helped my children with their mood and patience. It's good for so many things, though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom_since06
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM

My grandson takes one a day it's a combo of dha also.Even though he doesn't have any behavior problems he always a happy child.It's a good thing to have even for adults.

Mom_since06
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:52 PM
well im excited i cant wait to get some and try it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom_since06
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:07 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom22angels38
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:14 PM
I started giving my son, one fish oil pill every morning, about 6 months ago. I can honestly say that I haven't noticed a difference. :(. I was really hoping it would help. Maybe I'm giving him the wrong thing though? Should I be giving him an Omega-3 pill instead? I kind of thought they were the same thing, but maybe not..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:25 PM

My nutritionist warned that fish oil and omega 3's found in the pill form are not as effective. That is why I take a liquid version.

There is a 'smoothie' by a company by Barleans that has NO fishy taste and NO aftertaste. It is kept refrigerated and you can find it at local health food stores, even GMC.

There are no preservatives, it is natural. 

My kids like the lemon and mango flavors. We did not like the strawberry or lime flavors.

My children actually ASK to take the supplement every day.

Mom_since06
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:54 AM
so they have a liquid form?...you just squirt some on thier drink or something?

Quoting alwayskk:

My nutritionist warned that fish oil and omega 3's found in the pill form are not as effective. That is why I take a liquid version.

There is a 'smoothie' by a company by Barleans that has NO fishy taste and NO aftertaste. It is kept refrigerated and you can find it at local health food stores, even GMC.

There are no preservatives, it is natural. 

My kids like the lemon and mango flavors. We did not like the strawberry or lime flavors.

My children actually ASK to take the supplement every day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)