• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you use canned green beans?If so please help

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:46 PM
  • 61 Replies

I have used all kind  of canned green beans and they suck!No taste at all.If you use them please tell me how you prepare them and what do you add to them to taste good.I was told to drain juice from it and rinse in wwater makes it worse.Please help.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixxydust
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM
I add soul seasoning and pepper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Why not just buy fresh or frozen? Frozen is cheaper then fresh yet at the same time better tasting then canned.

MyBabyDallen
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Drain them, put a tbsp of butter on top, black pepper and salt. Then microwave for 2 mins. The better helps alot.

stefvan
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Add a pinch of sugar, as they are usually bitter.  And, you could cook them in ham broth.  I hate green beans, but that is what my mother does.

jillbailey26
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I drain them and put some butter on top to let it melt through as it's cooking.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

pipers_mom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:49 PM

I just dump the whole can in the pot and add sea salt, pepper, and a lot of garlic.

luvmyangel22
simmer them in chicken broth, add minced garlic and minced onions (fresh or the ones in the seasoning shakers) you can even add a couple peices of cut up bacon...delish and salt and pepeer.

the chk broth makes all the difference you wont even believe it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103

Either this, or, I know this is really unhealthy, add sliced onions, then saute them in bacon grease. Add black pepper (lots) to serve.

Quoting MyBabyDallen:

Drain them, put a tbsp of butter on top, black pepper and salt. Then microwave for 2 mins. The better helps alot.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
meghansmommy987
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM
This except I don't put salt

Quoting MyBabyDallen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM

You drain the water and rinse them to remove the salt and reduce your sodium intake.

I fry them in a small amount of bacon grease. It's delicious and not at all healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)