Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hopefully on our way to some answers for our son! (piog)

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM
  • 3 Replies
♥ our pedi! He thinks our son could have a mitochondrial disease, maybe one not even diagnosed yet, or possibly something else thats never been found before. We're starting on a slew of bloodwork and seeing genetics! Here's to hoping for answers! He actually went online looking stuff up about it and is having his l-carnitine all tested right now and then is getting him Bayley tested. It's a bigger and ...better newborn screening test in texas I guess. So he is getting info from them and that test ordered for us here. Then referred us to a genetecist. He was really great and receptive to me. He thought I was on the right track for even asking and was impressed, LOL! I told him I had a friend  who led me here. :D He said it makes sense but there is so much out there to test for it so he said it could take awhile, but as long as we start heading down a path, we're going in the right direction eventually. :D He even hopped online to look stuff up for us right there in his office. And he is emailing me all the records he has of my son to me so I can send them to the genetecist. AMAZING!

Stick Figure Blowing Bubbles Pictures, Images and Photos

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Sounds like a great Doctor!

CookieRobot
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

Sounds like a great Doctor!

Good for all parties involved in figuring out what is going on.  I wish you luck :)

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:14 PM
thank you!!!! I'm so excited!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)